Area Director, NA Commercial Rare Disease (West Territory)
San Francisco, CA;Denver, CO;San Diego, CA;Phoenix, AZ;Seattle, WA;Remote, US
Pharmaceutical Sales Representatives are expected to possess a high level of product, competitive, customer and territory knowledge, as well as an entrepreneurial drive and spirit to expand, grow and own their business. They will deliver sales calls that consist of pre-call planning, driving “brand” messaging, and closing, with the use of visual aids and/or reprints.
Good morning Sanofi
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
Area Director, NA Commercial Rare Disease
Job Profile: Area Director of Sales, U.S. Rare Diseases
Department: NA Rare Disease
Reports to: Vice President and Head of Sales, U.S. Rare Diseases
The position of Area Director, Sales, will report directly to the business unit's Head of NA Sales. This position will have broad geographic responsibility for the company's Rare Disease NA Sales team, comprised of approximately 65 employees, including 6 direct reports. The primary objective is to lead a team of field based Regional Sales Directors to drive sales performance for Sanofi Genzyme US Rare Disease products. The Area Director, Sales will communicate and align the commercial vision and strategy for the sales organization, both with the team and across the Rare Disease Franchise. She/he will be expected to deliver on revenue growth targets for Rare Disease products while ensuring the company has the right sales teams, structures, and culture of coaching and accountability to maximize their growth. The Area Director, Sales will be expected to dive deep into underperforming geographies, diagnose root causes and implement effective turnaround plans. She/he will also demonstrate the ability to adapt the commercial model in advanced/complex geographies and bring unique approaches to drive portfolio sales. Due to the importance of Rare Disease within Sanofi Genzyme US, this is a critical and highly visible role that will provide an excellent platform for the candidate's rapid future growth.
Our candidate will be a proven transformational leader of a highly successful regional and/or national sales management team. She/he will possess a deep and significant expertise in building relationships with physicians, Centers of Excellence and internal/external stakeholders in the U.S. Rare Disease business. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a track record of leading successful high impact sales teams, driving top and bottom line growth while keeping patients and science in the center. Exposure to successful new product launches and building a sales force within an evolving market place is strongly preferred. Candidates would also ideally have experience in developing and implementing novel sales force approaches in the US Rare Diseases marketplace, including pull through programs, innovative tactics, and alternative sales models. The ideal candidate will be responsible for driving behaviors down through all levels of the organization by modeling, clearly communicating and coaching all levels of leadership. Solid understanding of the Rare Disease market is essential along with other key leadership essentials to lead this team. An MBA is desired but not required. She/he will possess strong significant skills across the pharmaceutical business model.
Key competencies for success in the position are:
· Transformational Leadership – The successful candidate will communicate a compelling vision, model and develop a culture of ownership, coaching and accountability to drive performance. This individual will have proven the ability to attract and acquire, motivate, coach and develop talent, and fuse them into a highly engaged and high performing team. She/he will oversee and ensure a focused implementation of the Sanofi US’ performance management program, establish a culture of coaching, and establish a healthy competitive work environment to build/maintain a high performance culture. She/he will role model leadership, with a strong work ethic, and must inspire the same from others. She/he should demonstrate the ability to lead a team forward by demonstrating extraordinary change management and transition skills. Finally, this individual must be a strong communicator, able to clearly articulate business issues and propositions both within the company and to external constituencies.
· Results Orientation - The successful candidate will be accountable to develop solutions to achieve or exceed sales and profitability objectives for the Rare Disease portfolio. She/he will have a history of success and a track record of accurate, reproducible, and continually improving results through the coaching and leadership of teams. The successful candidate will be energized by new challenges and the opportunity to optimize, with the goal of highest possible performance. She/he will uncover nontraditional ways to introduce improvements and enhance business performance. She/he will have the ability to dive deep into local market performance and execution with the consistent focus on turning around areas of underperformance.
· Strategic Thinking & Business Planning – The Area Director, Sales will be able to use transformational thinking and dig deep into local performance to assess a range of variables including market trends and opportunities, prescription data, competition, etc., in order to evolve traditional sales approaches and craft strong near and longer term engagement strategies including adapting the commercial approach in advanced/complex markets. She/he will have a profound understanding of the patient and will build a level of credibility that makes him/her and the team critical partners in the patient’s success. She/he will adeptly apply business acumen and commercial judgment to concepts and plans that are developed by team members to fulfill franchise strategy goals. Additionally, she/he will anticipate trends in the healthcare landscape and appropriately incorporate them into current business planning and market development and embed innovation in business planning and constantly look for unique and appropriate market opportunities. She/he will consistently demonstrate the ability to effectively present their business performance and business plans in senior leadership settings.
· Partnership and Collaboration - The successful candidate will have the collaboration skills needed to work closely with matrix teams (market access, state and federal government markets, medical, marketing, etc.) to ensure implementation of the Rare disease strategy. Externally, the ideal candidate will be able to establish and build relationships and interact extensively with key opinion leaders and joint venture partners in order to optimally position Rare Disease products. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to work effectively in environments where cross-functional and cross-cultural collaboration on tactical as well as strategic matters occurs regularly.
The successful candidate must be a team player who will thrive within Sanofi's performance oriented culture. She/he must have a change mind set, with the drive to take on new challenges and contribute not only in his/her direct area of responsibility, but more broadly in whatever way is needed to help the company succeed.
· BA/BS from an accredited university
· 10 years of industry sales leadership experience including extensive senior level sales leadership
· 3 + years of strategic Rare Disease leadership experience
· Understanding of the Rare Disease therapeutic areas or ability to learn these areas quickly
· Travel 50-70%
· MBA or other advanced degree is preferred
· A successful track record of performance across physician/customer facing and strategic roles
· Demonstrated ability to operate and thrive in an ambiguous environment
· Demonstrated ability of holding people accountable; sets high performance bar and coaches others to be accountable for their commitments, celebrates success and motivates others to do their best include driving behaviors change deep into the organization
· Possess effective Communication and Change Agility skills
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with and influence a cross-functional, matrix group
· Possess strong business acumen and project management skills
The successful candidate will be required to sign and execute a restricted covenant upon hire.
Sanofi Genzyme, the specialty care business unit of Sanofi, focuses on rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, and immunology. We help people with debilitating and complex conditions that are often difficult to diagnose and treat. Our approach is shaped by our experience developing highly specialized treatments and forging close relationships with physician and patient communities. We are dedicated to discovering and advancing new therapies, providing hope to patients and their families around the world. Learn more at www.sanofigenzyme.com.
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Sanofi is organized into five global business units: Diabetes and Cardiovascular, General Medicines and Emerging Markets, Sanofi Genzyme, Sanofi Pasteur and Consumer Healthcare.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet