Oncology Transplant Network Manager
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The Transplant Network Manager (TNM) is the primary contact for all aspects of Sanofi-Genzyme commercial business within a solid organ transplant (SOT) or bone marrow transplant (BMT) center. It is a field-based, customer facing position that interacts at multiple levels with the leading transplant centers in the US. Account management skills and high level of business acumen are required in order to deal with institutional personnel ranging from departmental coordinator to CFO/CEO. Similarly, a very high level of clinical expertise is necessary for the TNM to work with individual therapeutic experts and key opinion leaders within transplant centers.
An entrepreneurial mindset displaying a high degree of resourcefulness, ingenuity, and personal credibility is necessary in order to discover barriers to product utilization and implement appropriate solutions. Technical expertise is required for the appropriate use of TNM tools that include account planning, health system analysis, and coverage query/notification. A strong ability to collect, organize, and analyze data is required. The TNM must be able to clearly present and explain meaningful results from such analyses to both customers and internal personnel.
The TNM must identify and address barriers to the appropriate integration of designated products into SOT and BMT center therapeutic pathways and algorithms, personally handling most situations and triaging to other appropriate personnel when compliance, resources, or other factors dictate. The transplant customer should view the TNM as “one stop shopping” for the majority of their clinical and departmental issues.
- Must be a knowledge expert, gaining customer insights and prioritizing key accounts, strategies, and tactics in an appropriate and workable fashion.
- Identifies addressable issues (e.g. protocols/pathways, referrals, reimbursement, etc.), determines how the account differs from a possible optimal situation, and develops a selection of possible scenarios and solutions.
- Is accountable for developing joint value creation and long term partnerships with key, selected, customers.
- Leads cross-functional coordination, matching specific Sanofi-Genzyme assets and capabilities with customer needs.
- Acts as both diplomat and entrepreneur, often dealing with competing customer interests in an evolving environment, maintaining a focus on business building versus a “direct sell” approach.
- Ultimately, the TNM must provide an alignment between Sanofi-Genzyme capabilities and specifically identified customer needs that provides the maximum benefit to patients.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
- Area of specialization: Business, Medicine, or Biological Science preferred. Nursing or Pharmacy background a strong plus.
Job Related Experience
A minimum of five years pharmaceutical, medical device, or similar sales experience is necessary. Account Management or similar sales experience dealing with large organized customers is highly advantageous. This requirement may be waived in lieu of directly applicable medical transplant experience.
- Comfortable working in a team environment towards a team goal. Demonstrated success in contributing to the achievement of a team goal preferred.
- Comfortable with individual measurement via MBO. Demonstrated success in the MBO environment preferred.
- Ability to work collaboratively and demonstrate a high level of communication with medical and commercial counterparts.
- Project management experience and the ability to form and lead ad hoc teams of internal and/or external personnel to accomplish specific short-term project goals.
- Understand where we are in the life cycle of our promoted brands and be able to productively contribute to the development of appropriate strategies and tactics for those brands.
- Ability to navigate the world of publications, clinical investigations, and data, understanding the implications of key publications and able to compliantly discover and reference relevant material.
- This position may entail up to 60% travel. Travel may be by air, automobile, or train depending on circumstances. Company equipment, such as a laptop, is expected to be present during travel.
- Job requires consistent demonstration of appropriate behavioral competencies as defined through the company’s Leadership Success Profile and Company Values Model
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community