Key Account Manager Vaccines Springfield, IL
Peoria, Illinois, Springfield, Illinois
A Key Account Manager (KAM) develops strategic partnerships with his/her customers to understand and anticipate business needs and support customer vaccination goals through commercial offers, advocacy, quality, and other customer segment/brand strategic initiatives. The KAM is responsible for achieving/exceeding sales and marketing objectives across large organized customers within both the public and private sectors (e.g. Integrated Health Networks, State Departments of Health, Vaccine for Children’s program, Veterans Administration, Federally Qualified Health Centers, Long Term Care, and professional organizations). This position requires proactive utilization of business analytics, marketing insights, and customer knowledge and observations to provide insights and support solution development to increase vaccination rates and drive sales. A KAM will be responsible for acquiring and maintaining expertise in brand/segment strategy and tactics, product knowledge, contracting and pricing platforms, market insights, and executing the Sanofi Pasteur selling model.
- Achieve financial/quota goals within assigned segments (e.g. Integrated Health Networks, State Departments of Health, Vaccines for Children's program, Veterans Administration, Federally Qualified Health Centers, Long Term Care)
- Achieve marketing and sales objectives (MSOs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) for assigned customer segments.
- Effectively implement advocacy, value-based initiatives, and other segment strategies/tactics in support of achieving sales goals.
Customer Knowledge & Market Insights
- Effectively engage, navigate and influence complex customers through the identification of inter-dependencies across multiple functions and departments, including relationships/affiliations with external partners.
- Understand, document and continuously evaluate the decision making process (internal influence model) for large organized customers and key contacts within assigned segments and account targets.
- Understand, document and continuously evaluate external market influencers and trends within assigned geography (e.g. state immunization policy, VFC ordering logistics, legislation, payers, key opinion leaders, professional organizations, channel partners, group purchasing organizations and other large influential stakeholders)
- Apply customer knowledge and market insights to Sanofi Pasteur selling model.
Sales Execution and Implementation
- Execute SP sales model and customer intimacy strategy during simulated customer interactions and the sales call with high-value organized customers ( public and private sectors.)
- Acquire and apply expertise in brand / segment strategy and tactics, product knowledge, contracting and pricing platforms, and VFC ordering logistics to gain / maintain customer agreement for product, services and solutions.
- Promote unique SP value propositions and commercial offer.
Business Analytics and Sales/Territory Planning
- Effectively utilize internal / external customer and market data sources (e.g. DDD, direct / indirect sales, contract performance, CDC utilization data, immunization rates) to identify quantitative trends, create insights to drive sales, develop sales forecasts, and proactively communicate outputs.
- Assess customer immunization practices and progression towards achievement of brand and segment strategies.
- Develop and maintain territory forecasting models/business plans that are aligned with SP brand, segment and customer goals.
- Create efficient and effective territory routing plans for assigned customers and key contact types while consistently meeting customer engagement metrics (e.g. calls & contacts per day, reach & frequency).
- Execute sales operational duties to support selling process (e.g. business case development, contract performance management, membership management, recording call activity)
Collaboration and Communication
- Lead / support collaborative selling model through proactive communication, action plan oversight, clarity of direction, account targeting initiatives / selection and sharing of customer and market insights to inform field sales and members of Commercial Operations.
- Collaborate effectively with peers, stakeholders, and business partners across the organization to positively impact business results (e.g., VaxServe, brand and customer marketing, market access)
- Proactive and routine communication of customer and market observations (written/verbal) in line with all corporate guidelines
- BA/BS required with an advanced degree preferred: MA/MS/MBA
- Total related experience - 3-5 years
In depth knowledge in the following areas
- Business Planning; Negotiation Skills; Building Relationships; Dealing with all levels in an organization; Time Management and Presentation Skills
The successful candidate will have knowledge/skills in the following areas
- Computer knowledge
- Product Knowledge
- Knowledge of Industry
- Consensus Selling
- Strategic Thinking to see the big picture and balance with the needs of the Company
- Project Management Skills
- Business Communication Skills
- Project Management
- Sense of Urgency and Networking
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community