Senior Project Manager
Pearl River, New York, Meriden, Connecticut
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Senior Project Manager - Protein Sciences Corporation
Location: Meriden, CT AND Pearl River, NY
Dimension of role: Individual Contributor - No Reports
Reports to: Protein Science Site Head, which is under the Vaccines Industrial Affairs (VIA) organization, and will be responsible for leading multi-functional planning and execution of activities necessary for deliver Protein Sciences commercial and clinical commitments as well as long term projects for Flublok and new vaccine products into new and existing market.
The Senior Project Manager is accountable to ensure cost and schedule adherence for vaccine launch projects. This is a critical role in the overall management of vaccine launch projects and coordination of all activities, end-to-end, for vaccine launches from Sanofi's Protein Sciences sites.
The Senior Project Manager is a matrixed position with direct reporting to leadership organization while supporting multiple cross-functional project teams with representatives from different functions across the VIA organization, such as Industrial Strategy & Life Cycle Management; Manufacturing Partnership Organization; Research and Development; Pear River and Meriden Manufacturing, Quality, as well as Regulatory Affairs, Commercial Operations, and Supply Chain. The Sr. Project Manager must foster collaborative relationships with project team members and work stream leaders, site leadership, global leadership, and external partners.
- Lead cross-functional and end-to-end planning and execution for launch plan activities for commercial and new vaccine projects. Management and control of project schedule, cost, communication, risk
- Build and manage integrated project plans and identify critical paths and key milestones towards ensuring timely delivery of vaccine projects
- Ensure that the project plans are ambitious but achievable by ensuring that they are set up with necessary elements and the relevant connecting milestones between functions/work streams and verifying that the linkages are consistent with the project strategies
- Identify inter-dependencies among plan activities and lead the project team on prioritization and risk mitigation
- Build and manage resource plans in alignment with project timelines
- Work with the cross-functional project team members to ensure that resources are anticipated, planned/budgeted and allocated to meet the demands of the project plan
- Document the project’s critical path and mitigation strategies
- Define project Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and measure and report project progress to the project team, steering committees, site leadership, and global leadership
- Coordinate the cross-functional project teams on cost and schedule to ensure it is up-to-date by reporting true and faithful status of the project and provide project teams, steering committees, site leadership, and global leadership with consolidated financial and timeline information (forecasts and actuals)
- Challenge the key underlying assumptions on work stream budget, timelines, and resources with function/work stream leaders
- Ensure delivery of project objectives on time, budget and quality, taking into account risks and working closely with members of the project team
- Ensure timely and consistent planning, forecasting, analysis, and reporting on budgets and timelines to enable business decision making
- Collect and enter into SHINE all information (cost, schedule, resources) from workstreams
- Perform financial and business analyses, as / when needed, either on project or operational matters and report / explain variances versus target
- Consolidate, monitors, challenge and ensure re-forecasts with project team members: cost, schedule, risk
- Identify and recommend opportunities for improvement, such as timeline acceleration while balancing cost and without compromising on quality
- Support the project team on implementing improvement opportunities
- Communicate lessons learned across the corporate project management function
- When scope change is required (by the Steering Committee or other drivers), prepare and coordinate the necessary elements supporting the decision making by the Steering Committee; and particularly in terms of Regulatory impact and planning impact
- Ensure the follow-up and communication of project scope changes and execution changes
- Organize and manage Steering Committee meetings
- Support the site in applying the Handbook and Sanofi Pasteur project management standards and best practices
- Minimum Bachelor 's degree required, preferably in in Business, Engineering, or Science
- Minimum of 5+ years relevant working experience in project management, ideally in pharmaceutical or vaccine commercial launch planning or R&D program management
- Experienced in project management processes, such as creation of project charters, development of integrated project plans, resource planning, risk registers, project cost estimations and forecasting, etc.
- Experienced in developing business cases, managing change orders, collating/consolidating work stream timelines and financial information
- Scheduling using MS Project or other planning software experience, such as with SHINE or Planisware
- Experience working Cross-functionally is critical
- The ability to travel 30% for position is required including travel between Sanofi Pasteur, Swiftwater, PA, and Protein Science Corporation sites in Meriden, CT and Pearl River, NY.
- PMP certification preferred
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community