Maintenance and Facilities Engineer
Pearl River, New York
Summary/Purpose of Major Responsibilities:
The candidate will manage the maintenance and facilities operations. The position is responsible for ensuring the facility and all equipment within is maintained and repaired within GMP guidelines and up to Sanofi standards. The candidate manages a budget and staff to accomplish this task.
- Pearl River liaison to Meriden based HSE lead to ensure Pearl River is in compliance with HSE requirements. Ensures execution of HSE mandated activities, examples: Fire System inspections, environmental sampling, safety audits, managing safety commitments, safety device maintenance, Legionella program, ladder inspections, hoist inspections, pressurized vessel inspections, hazardous material management, waste management. Own Pearl River HSE 8 boards.
- Pearl River Liaison to corporate security for coordination of access control, local authority interface, and medical triage. Pearl River liaison for corporate communications
- Ensure compliance with the GMP Pest management program. Maintenance of reports/logs, related deviations, investigations, and CAPAs
- Critical Utility operations and maintenance: Back-up to primary in event of absence or off hours demand. Qualified to operate and leverage key resources.
- Colleague wellness and morale. Space Management Planning. Event Planning. Inspection and VIP visitor planning. Liaison with Sanofi remote Occupational Health for triage of Pearl River issues and management of programs (Wellness Center, First Aid, AEDs).
- Energy management: Maintenance and collection of Pearl River energy consumption metrics, driving conservation projects from conception through realization.
- Project management and supervision: Supervise contractors
- Non aseptic contracted housekeeping facility improvement projects, Champion 5S initiatives throughout the facility.
- Contractor Management
Context of Job/ Major Challenges:
The position is very self directed. This is a 30 year old critical production facility not originally designed for the current process. Change management is a major challenge. The management of one’s shifting priorities while ensuring time sensitive projects continue on schedule is also most challenging. New problems and opportunities are constantly presented and the manager must assure they are assessed rapidly and given the appropriate attention. The candidate will be the site lead for a broad range of specialties including: Safety, Security, Pest Management, Environmental, Colleague Wellness/Morale, Space Planning, and Regulatory Compliance.
•Engineering degree w/5yrs experience in Pharma/Biotech operations OR Bachelor’s degree with 10 years experience in a regulated industrial environment in a Maintenance and operations role strongly preferred.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community