Postdoctoral Fellowship: Investigative Toxicology – Quantitative Immunotoxicity Modeling
Orlando, Florida, Waltham, Massachusetts
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
Discover your future…
Sanofi R&D works with passion to understand and solve some of the world’s most difficult biomedical problems facing patients and their healthcare providers. One of our assets in this quest are Post Doctoral Fellows, who bring an energy and desire to share our passion.
Sanofi’s Post Doctoral Fellowships offer a comprehensive training program that provides participants with the opportunity to advance their scientific careers in a leading-edge environment while contributing to Sanofi’s effort to bring next generation (transformative) solutions to patient’s most urgent medical needs.
Contribute to the evolution of the Investigative Toxicology group at Sanofi, bringing novel computational modeling approaches to support the safety assessment of our immunology & inflammation, immuno-oncology, and vaccine programs. Develop new methodologies for translating in vitro assays into predictive clinical safety models. Promote computational safety modeling with contributions to internal drug discovery projects and external consortia, publications, and presentations.
- Work with the Sanofi Pasteur VaxDesign team to understand the biological underpinnings of the MIMIC system, its predictive relationship to human immunotoxicity outcomes, and generate a dataset to support quantitative modeling of clinical safety from in vitro data.
- Use qualitative and quantitative systems modeling approaches to describe relationships between in vitro assay outputs and in vivo responses in preclinical animal species and clinical subjects.
- Collaborate with colleagues on drug discovery & development project teams to apply modeling approaches to predict nonclinical and clinical safety for new therapies, and to aid in determining safe human starting doses and dosing strategies.
- Contribute expertise and knowledge in biological modeling and predictive assays to international industry/academic consortia for precompetitive data sharing and methods development.
- Act as an ambassador for modeling approaches in safety, within Sanofi and beyond, with publications and presentations showcasing applications.
What makes this position unique?
The Investigative Toxicology group is a new, rapidly developing global function within preclinical safety, bringing new technologies and innovative approaches to bear to understand and address arising safety issues, helping to deliver safe and effective new medicines to patients. This postdoctoral fellowship represents a unique opportunity to bring quantitative systems modeling approaches to our toolbox, apply them in an active safety assessment setting, and to work with multi-functional drug discovery groups, and international industry/academia groups, on real-world problems.
Benefits of working in this role:
- Work alongside recognized leaders in investigative toxicology, immunology, biological modeling, and drug discovery
- Contribute to active drug discovery and development projects, demonstrating the potential of quantitative safety modeling to support discovery and development of new medicines
- Participate in international industry/academic collaborations beside representatives from many of the leading pharma companies and academic institutions worldwide
The position is based at Sanofi in Waltham, Massachusetts. The successful applicant will also have the opportunity to spend a portion of their fellowship working at VaxDesign in Orlando, Florida, and to travel to scientific congresses where applicable.
- PhD in biological science, biophysical science, or computational biology with experience in the development and implementation of quantitative computational models of pharmacology, disease, or toxicity
- Must have US work authorization
- Excellent teamwork and communication/presentation skills
- Experience with immunology or immunotoxicology research, and in vitro cell culture systems
Sanofi US Services, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community