Strategic Account Manager NYC
New York, New York, Remote
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"At Sanofi, We are guided by a deep appreciation and understanding of what it means to live with a rare blood disorder, and we learn by listening to the community – patients, caregivers physicians, and other healthcare professionals."
"Patients are at the center of all that we do at Sanofi. Our teams are focused on advancing transformational therapies that can address serious unmet needs for people living with rare blood disorders, and expanding global patient access to our medicines."
The Strategic Account Management organization is a highly skilled forward-thinking sales team serving our largest and most complex customers, while also managing our highest valued vaccine contracts. The customers we call on primarily include Health Systems, IHNs, Medical Groups, PBGs, FQHCs and state Awardees.
The Strategic Account Manager will…
- Assume the leadership role within assigned accounts, providing overall account leadership to cross-functional internal and external team members as needed. In this capacity, the SAM will assume responsibility for assigned strategic customers and manage each as a business partnership on behalf of Sanofi. Additionally, the SAM will bear full responsibility for building a strategic account plan for assigned accounts, as well as organizing and deploying the appropriate resources within Sanofi to drive value co-creation with customers and meet/exceed Sanofi’s revenue targets.
- Effectively manage and grow a network of trust-based relationships with external stakeholders to generate revenue through genuine partnerships within Sanofi’s largest and most complex customers. The SAM will develop a deep understanding of the customer’s business which includes their pressures and drivers, priorities, as well as their related challenges and opportunities. They will maintain working knowledge of the customer’s business model, strategic goals and objectives, and their position within the healthcare environment including value-based health care, their competitors, and financial levers.
- Identify and qualify high value opportunities within their accounts by working directly with the customer to develop and drive growth strategies, team-to-team alignment, and executive relationships together with internal cross-functional team members. Accordingly, the SAM will conduct business coaching and strategy session with their account teams to facilitate the co-creation of customer value and ensure ongoing internal alignment and account growth. The SAM will function as the central focal point for communications regarding account planning, strategy, collaboration, resource allocation and customer engagement.
Minimum required skills & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Broad understanding of health system business, decision making processes & market trends with a proven track record of accessing C-suite to D-suite decision makers
- Proven ability to translate health system market knowledge and develop strategic plans with internal stakeholders
- The ability to execute tactical initiatives, provide ongoing feedback, and prioritize multiple projects.
- Broad field sales experience with demonstrated success working with P&T committees, decision makers & influencers in Hospitals, Health Systems, IHNs and other large-organized customers
- Possesses strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills
- Self-directed and organized with excellent execution and planning skills
- Ability to adapt and change in a shifting environment
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Must possess valid driver’s license, be eligible for insurance coverage and must be able to safely operate a vehicle
Minimum preferred skills & experience:
- MBA or other advanced degree
- Strong data analytics
- Experience working in Market Access, Pricing, Contracting or Finance
- Proficient with MS Office and customer management databases
- Experience leading teams with demonstrated impact & influence with key internal stakeholders
"Pursue progress, discover extraordinary"
The salary range for this position is 116,156.25 to 154,875.00USD Annual. In addition to sales incentive (role may my eligible for long term incentive depending on level and performance); all compensation will be determined commensurate with demonstrated experience. Employees may be eligible to participate in Company employee benefit programs. Additional benefits information can be found through the link, www.benefits.sanofiusallwell.com
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.