Medical Science Liaison - Rheumatology - New York
New York, New York
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is responsible for providing non-promotional scientific, educational, and research support for the Sanofi Genzyme Rheumatology portfolio in the respective territory. This is a field-based position within the Medical Affairs team. The MSL should be highly trained in a relevant field and be well-versed in clinical and basic science to be able to deliver cutting edge data and technical/practical education to Health Care Professionals (HCP). Specifically, the MSL should hold a Ph.D., MD, DO or PharmD and have relevant clinical research experience needed to serve the current needs of the Sanofi Genzyme Kevzara team in the respective territory.
TERRITORY: New York
The MSL is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key Rheumatology experts and building a well-informed advocacy base for Sanofi Genzyme's Rheumatology franchise, including compounds in the development program. The MSL acts as a conduit for providing accurate and updated clinical, scientific and medical information to Rheumatology Experts, health care professionals, treatment decision-makers, and other members of the scientific, provider and payer community, in compliance with all relevant company policies.
- Maintaining business and clinical knowledge of the Rheumatology treatment landscape including current treatment strategies, current, and pending therapies, and new therapeutic developments through reading relevant scientific journals, as well as attending relevant symposiums, conferences, internal training, internal presentations, journal clubs, and scientific workshops
- Using key clinical and research issues and insights from industry leaders to support company research, development, and strategies for investigational and commercialized products aimed at improving human health
- Planning and optimizing educational and research support for sites/investigators participating in Sanofi Genzyme’s clinical trials in collaboration with the clinical team and clinical research associates
- Planning and facilitating potential studies by responding to interest in investigator-sponsored studies (ISS), and supporting ISS submissions through appropriate internal processes
- Identifying, establishing, and maintaining collaborative relationships with key rheumatology experts, investigators, and institutions strategic to product development, so as to develop better methodologies, instrumentation, and procedures for medical application for Sanofi Genzyme
- Increasing Sanofi Genzyme’s visibility among RA and Rheumatology leaders, experts, and institutions
- Conducting research regarding the medical community’s educational needs surrounding RA disease state management, methodologies, instrumentation, and procedures for medical application
- Assessing local/regional education gaps in the field and applying for appropriate field medical support
- Preparing medical education presentations for healthcare professionals
- Consulting with physicians, educators, researchers, and leaders in the field to prepare clinical presentations to internal and external audiences, and tailoring those presentations to meet the specific needs of each audience
- Adhering to regulatory and compliance guidelines, as well as company policies, in all aspects of scientific dissemination of information, including responses to unsolicited requests for medical information
- Doctorate degree from an accredited university (MD, Ph.D., Pharm D,) preferred, or other Relevant Life Sciences Degree (RN/MS) with Healthcare Specialty may be considered.
- Area of specialization related to the Rheumatology therapeutic area highly regarded.
- Post-bachelor’s degree from an accredited university (e.g. Masters, MBA or equivalent): valuable, not required.
Experience: Over 5 years of Industry experience
- Proven field experience in the Rheumatology space with the ability to engage with KOL’s as well as community Rheumatologists
- Experience presenting novel research to RA Experts and health care professionals
- Track record of success demonstrated by relevant scholarships, awards, and/or publications
- Demonstrated ability to communicate research related to Rheumatology and Rheumatoid Arthritis through effective delivery and discussion of cutting-edge scientific data
- Exemplary writing and oral presentation skills
- Interdisciplinary scientific understanding of multiple sclerosis
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and ability to pass a complete background check.
- Driving a company car in a safe manner to daily meetings and appointments is required.
- Responsible for operating the motor vehicle using safe driving practices, knowledge of and compliance with all company policies, and obeying all traffic laws.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Genzyme Glassdoor: #GD-SG
Genzyme LinkedIn: #LI-GZ
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community