Regional Director FAM - Southeast
Nashville, Tennessee, Charlotte, North Carolina, Jacksonville, Florida, Atlanta, Georgia
Sanofi, a global and diversified healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare with seven growth platforms: diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, rare diseases, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and animal health. Sanofi is listed in Paris (EURONEXT: SAN) and in New York (NYSE: SNY). Sanofi-Genzyme, a division of Sanofi, is dedicated to making a major positive impact on the lives of people with serious diseases. Since its founding in 1981, the company has introduced breakthrough treatments that have provided new hope for patients with rare diseases.
Sanofi-Genzyme’s Regional Sales Director (RSD) is expected to possess a high level of product, clinical and customer knowledge, be familiar with protocols and procedures, and possess an entrepreneurial drive and spirit to lead their teams in expanding, growing and owning their business.
The Rare Disease franchise, US Genetics, is a patient centric organization responsible for delivering the highest quality education and service regarding disease and treatment for four rare diseases – Gaucher, Fabry, Pompe and MPS1. The goal of the franchise is to penetrate existing and new markets to meet business goals by educating physicians and healthcare professionals on a portfolio of products for lysosomal storage diseases, while upholding the Company's mission and values.
In this field-based position, you will be responsible for successfully hiring, leading and managing a team of Therapeutic Area Specialists (TASs) to maintain and grow a designated geographical region. Within the region, you will be called upon to lead and motivate your team to execute a national sales strategy, support key initiatives, develop and execute on regional plans and monitor performance.
- Develop and execute strategic plans to drive disease awareness and sales performance in one of the markets of Gaucher, Fabry, Pompe and MPS I diseases. Moreover, ensure the education of clinicians to facilitate early diagnosis and comprehensive care for patients.
- Coordinate closely with cross functional leaders to foster teamwork and a high level of customer service and education. This coordination includes Sales, Sales Support, Managed Markets, Medical Affairs and Patient Services.
- Develop expertise in relevant CRM tools. Ensure the compliant utilization of CRM tools by sales team and hold accountable for effective use.
- Leverage expertise in clinical data, disease education, diagnostics, product information, selling skills and market trends to drive team performance.
- Recruit, hire, coordinate training and ensure engagement of a sales team consisting of Therapeutic Area Specialists
- Manage the performance of the team by providing individual constructive feedback and coaching to Therapeutic Area Specialists.
- Apply a high degree of business acumen and utilize analytics to assess regional performance and potential.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all key customer segments (internal and external).
- Manage and adhere to all company policies and Legal and Regulatory guidelines.
- Uphold and exemplify Sanofi Genzyme's core values.
- BA/BS Degree or higher in business, marketing or life sciences.
- 10+ years progressive professional experience with 7+ years of success in pharmaceutical, biotech, or hospital sales.
- Experience in managing and leading a Sales team.
- Ability to travel 50-80%
- MS degree in business/clinical/science
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community