Medical Advisor Rare Diseases- Mississauga/ON
- Develop and execute the strategic medical plan as a component of the integrated brand plan for allocated products within the Rare Disease portfolio.
- Participates in the activities of Global and Regional Medical Affairs teams as well as medico-marketing teams, to ensure Canadian contribution to Global Medical and Marketing strategy and tactics.
- Liaise with the US Medical Affairs team to ensure optimal leverage of North American collaboration
- Develop country specific medical tactical plan, including implementation of regional projects.
- Gather and interpret customer insights, and translate into medical strategy.
- Monitor the external landscape and identify new and changing trends in therapeutic areas. Capture competitive intelligence, and proactively communicate strategic insights to the cross functional team.
- Support the clinical development program and all research-related activities. Ensure Canadian R&D contribution to different stages of the global product development cycle.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Studies Unit to optimize Canadian participation and performance within the clinical development activities for the pipeline and marketed products.
- Understand unmet medical needs of the patient and develop an optimal scientific communication platform to integrate the needs of patients and the business.
- Creates and supports implementation of the Canadian publication plan.
- Serve as a scientific resource to internal and external customers. Provides medical training to MSLs, and cross functional team.
- Coordinate activities with the MSLs and support execution of the medical education activities.
- Develop and execute medical advisory boards, expert forums, ambassador programs, and other appropriate programs to optimize relationship with Canadian opinion leaders and capture customer insights.
- Provide scientific and strategic support for regulatory and market access submissions.
- In collaboration with Government Affairs and Market Access teams, develop strategies to address payer and patient association needs
Required Qualifications And Experience
- Advanced Scientific or clinical degree (Pharm D, M.D., PhD)
- Must have 3-5 years of Medical Affairs experience in the pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical industry
- Experience working in rare disease area with knowledge in genetic diseases is an asset
- Life cycle management of pharmaceutical products.
- Demonstrates good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience developing and providing Training and Education programs.
- Proven ability to work independently and within a cross functional team environment.
- Demonstrates ability to function with minimal supervision and a high degree of initiative
- Demonstrates in depth scientific and clinical knowledge and ability to understand and integrate complex scientific concepts.
- Possess superior communication skills (written, verbal, presentation and facilitation skills).
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to influence and build partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
- Fluency in French is an asset.
- Travel required approximately 10-30% of the time with occasional weekend travel
About Genzyme, a Sanofi Company
Sanofi Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. That goal guides and inspires us every day. Sanofi Genzyme’s portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represents groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine. As a Sanofi company, Sanofi Genzyme benefits from the reach and resources of one of the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies, with a shared commitment to improving the lives of patients. Learn more at www.sanofigenzyme.com.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions. With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
Thank you in advance for your interest.
Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community