Manager Customer & Shopper Insights, Target/Club/Value Team, Sanofi CHC
Minneapolis, Minnesota, Bridgewater, New Jersey
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Manager, Shopper Insights – Target/Club/Value Team - CHC
Under the general guidance of the Sr. Director Target/Club/Value, the Manager Shopper Insights role is responsible for business research and analytics for the Sanofi Categorie(s) and brands. The scope of this role is the U.S and the Manager will proactively partner with the customer team to provide insightful direction for field sales and Shopper and Category Insights. The Manager will be required to possess a broad range of analytic capabilities, and be responsible for delivering best in class insights in the areas of In-market performance, shopper behavior and decision making, shelving/pricing research projects, and the development of aisle and category solutions. This role will have responsibility for working cross-functionally with all of the brand teams, the market research team, and the Category and Shopper Insights teams located in the Regional Business Centers. They will be a champion of a culture of teamwork and sharing across the broader Shopper Marketing, Marketing, Sales, Sales Strategy, and Insights team, helping accelerate the development of a high-performance team
- The role will have interactions with the Target/Club/Value Team to help drive strategic decisions on new items, promotional planning, and functions of Category Management, including shelf / POG recommendations.
- Co-develop and co-manage major, field-based, retailer-specific, research projects utilizing macro expertise while identifying potential project efficiencies across internal/external efforts.
- Work as a liaison between Target/Club/Value team, Sanofi CHC HQ, manage, and update various sales reports as needed. Assist and work with broker partners to streamline reporting processes.
- Help develop annual plans in conjunction with Target/Club/Value Team—including but not limited to efficiently managing and recommending BCC (best customer communication) and KPM tactics.
- Help Target/Club/Value team develop strategic plans to achieve new item distribution, merchandising, and promotional objectives
- Provide analytical support on the Sanofi portfolio using customer insight data, Nielsen scan, Nielsen panel data, etc. This includes but not limited to; planning, promotional evaluation, business reviews, new item tracking, etc.
- Manage Sanofi CHC’s merchandising objectives through proper planogram placement
- To comply with all company policies, instructions, and directions for the fulfillment of company objectives and to maximize profits from sales
- To be alert to competitive products and merchandising practices; keeping management informed concerning them
- To prepare and submit any special reports, acceptance of products, or competitive conditions, as may be requested by management.
- Incorporate key shopper and consumer insights for new item launches
- Leverage existing category and shopper insight inventories, identify insight and data gaps and help secure resources to develop the next evolutions of category leadership merchandising plans.
- Ensuring appropriate resources and funding are identified and secured for research and implementation of merchandising shelf strategies and off-shelf non-promoted merchandising solutions
- Cull down broad consumer-based trends into meaningful new insights for all brands
- Anticipating and responding to customer and customer team needs, visiting retail environments regularly and initiating appropriate selling enhancement and/or defense plans to capitalize on market opportunities
- Acting liaison for field Shopper and Category Insights teams to headquarters sales strategy and marketing
- Lead insights and research for
- Pricing studies
- Retail marketing mix Integration
- Product preference studies
- New item sourcing analyses
- Retailer profitability analyses
- Incremental placement
- B.A. / B.S. degree required. MBA preferred.
- 5 + years of proven delivery in CPG, preferably within OTC/, both top and bottom-line results required. Excellent business acumen; proficient category, segment knowledge. RX to OTC switching knowledge preferred.
- Experience in working on multi-disciplinary teams and managing a significant volume of projects.
- Self-motivated and inspire others when facing highly ambiguous, complex situations.
- Curiosity and passion for creating breakthrough moments in-store merchandising and store operation execution.
- Model collaborative behavior and execution in delivering great programming for Sanofi’s brand at retail
- Promote and lead with direct, honest, and supportive communication
- Extremely organized, dependable, and self-motivated with the ability to excel in a fast-paced environment.
- Utilizes effective, professional communications to cultivate strong working relationships with internal and external colleagues, flexible in own approach to people and situations
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community