mRNA - Head of mRNA Process and CMC Data Science M/F
Marcy-l'Étoile, France, Waltham, Massachusetts
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"At Sanofi, We are guided by a deep appreciation and understanding of what it means to live with a rare blood disorder, and we learn by listening to the community – patients, caregivers physicians, and other healthcare professionals."Shannon Resetich US Head Rare Diseases & Blood Disorders
"Patients are at the center of all that we do at Sanofi. Our teams are focused on advancing transformational therapies that can address serious unmet needs for people living with rare blood disorders, and expanding global patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical Rare Blood Disorders
Le contenu du poste est libellé en anglais car il nécessite de nombreuses interactions avec nos filiales à l’international, l'anglais étant la langue de travail.
In the race for the future of health – The Sanofi mRNA Center of Excellence (CoE)
At Sanofi, we chase the miracles of science, and we know mRNA has a role to play in the future of health. And while the pandemic has shaken up our industry, creating new opportunities and risks, we believe the acceleration of innovation with mRNA technology means vaccines and treatments for more people faster than before.
That’s why we’re looking for bold, optimistic world-changers to join our mRNA Center of Excellence. We’re investing €400m a year into the new Center, hiring a team of 450 dedicated employees, and focusing on implementing an integrated end-to-end mRNA vaccine capabilities and research with R&D, digital and CMC teams.
Bring your ambition and optimism and join us on our journey to discover and deliver transformative medicine to patients through the advancement of our cutting-edge mRNA technology!
About the Opportunity
In this position, as an experienced Head of mRNA Process and CMC Data Science, you will lead a team of process data scientists and modelers, chemometricians and statisticians delivering insights from data through statistical data analysis, machine learning, simulation & modeling and data visualization for mRNA process development and manufacturing as part of the Data and Computational Science team in the mRNA CoE. This team brings end to end data integration and advanced analytics (pre-clinical, biomarkers, process development, CMC, clinical) in the mRNA CoE. Deploying and exploiting digital solutions (AI/machine learning, data, analytics) to integrate the full data value chain, extracting actionable information for a move to a full data driven strategy and decision making process, to increase probability of success and to accelerate mRNA vaccines and therapeutics development and launch.
In this role you will
- Be accountable for setting the strategy for Process and CMC data science for the mRNA CoE
- Be an active member of the mRNA CoE Data and Computational Science Leadership Team
- Together with your team, you will be responsible for identifying and delivering end to end ML data science projects in process development, mechanistic and hybrid modelling, CMC, including predictive modeling in the context of mRNA DS/DP processes, image analyses, time series process data, hybrid modeling, digital twins, NLP, chemometrics and high dimensional data analysis
- Bring broad knowledge and expertise in data science, machine learning, simulation and prescriptive modeling for Drug Substance and Drug Product development and manufacture
- Acts as a scientific expert and partner in AI/ML; collaborating with scientific partners to advise on analysis design, data analysis and modeling to generate actionable, reproducible, and interpretable insights
- Ensure Maintenance of a well-documented, reusable codebase, and traceable model history
- Ensure awareness of latest developments in relevant fields, evaluates and applies as warranted
- Generates IP and participates in the drafting of patent filings
- Preparation and publication of scientific papers and congress reports
- Demonstrate good software engineering practices
- Proactively identify, assess, and internalize emerging technologies and methods
- Build and maintain a strong network with CoE and Sanofi collaborators and with the external scientific community
COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- PhD in Data and Chemical Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning, signal processing, Mathematics and Physics, Biological and Systems Engineering, Statistics, Chemometrics, or similar strongly quantitative field with 8+ years industry experience
- At least 3+ Experience leading teams of data and computational scientists (ideally in different geographies)
- Strong programming (Python and R), data analytics and modeling skills with experience developing data visualization solutions, process & workflow automation and deploying solutions to the cloud
- Strong knowledge of general machine learning and deep learning models (SVMs, Random Forests, CNNs, RNNs, LSTM etc), hybrid modelling and experience in their application to sequences and time series process data
- Deep expertise in causal inference and counterfactual thinking/analysis, ML (deep learning, embeddings, reinforcement and transfer learning) and algorithmic analysis of data
- Demonstrated record of leading projects and teams transforming algorithms/theory into practical applications delivering robust models that are high performance, interpretable and actionable
- Decision making capability
- Excellent communication skills, able to manage effectively multiple level communications up to top management and down to project team members, able to manage cross-sites and cross-functional communications
- International visibility, excellent networking skills and fluent interactions with one or more scientific communities
- Fluent in English (speaking and writing)
- Understanding of drug/vaccine discovery and development processes is a plus
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
As part of its diversity commitment, Sanofi is welcoming and integrating people with disabilities.