Lead Tech Clinical Supplies Packaging/Lead Packaging Mechanic
Sanofi, in the U.S. and Canada, strives to create a diverse and inclusive work environment that empowers employees to drive their careers and be successful. The talent we look for will contribute to the organization in innovative, insightful, and creative ways in order to strengthen our dynamic culture and drive us collectively to make a difference in the lives of patients.
Good morning Sanofi
Who is Sanofi?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
The mechanic will be responsible for operating, troubleshooting and maintaining all packaging equipment. This shall include setting up, revising, and maintaining a preventive maintenance program. The mechanic may be asked to provide training of packaging equipment to Packaging Operation’s technicians. The mechanic will perform machinery product change-overs as required and on an occasion; be the room-lead for primary packaging operations such as solid oral dosage forms. (related functional area is blistering or bottling).
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of PLC functions, pneumatics, and basic wiring to include trouble shooting diagnostic skills of packaging equipment.
- Ability to write SOPs and instruct technicians on how to operate equipment.
- Ability to supervise production technicians in a GMP atmosphere is required.
- Capable of performing repetitive motions and lifting (up to 50 pounds); pushing and/or pulling various amounts of weight.
- Ability to stand and / or sit over intervals of several hours at a time.
- Ability to bend, squat, and reach.
- Experience with MS Word, and Excel is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are needed.
- Based on production demands and personnel availability, different start times and finish times (shifts) and/or additional hours may be required so a flexible work schedule is required for this role. (Rotating between 1st or 2nd shift)
Formal Education and / or Experience Required:
- High School diploma and or GED equivalent plus necessary industrial certifications such as an apprenticeship journeyman’s card.
- 6-8 years’ experience as a packaging mechanic within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Working knowledge of various packaging equipment to include system change-overs and tooling setups.
- For Example:
- Horizontal labelers.
- Klockner EAS blister machine.
- Bottle line-filling, capping, sealing
- Carding Operations.
- For Example:
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Operate, troubleshoot and maintain packaging equipment (eg. High-speed blister equipment, bottling, labeling systems, and carding / walleting equipment).
2. Perform routine maintenance for all packaging systems according to schedules while adhering to established GMP guidelines.
3. Liaise with vendors and Facilities management team to assure calibration of equipment is performed according to schedule.
4. Write SOPs relating to packaging equipment and implement validation plans for equipment as required.
5. When required, supervise packaging operations and associated personnel including equipment operations for both primary and secondary packaging systems.
6. Setup packaging equipment within the GMP rooms to maximize efficiency of operations.
7. Assist Operations in liaising with vendors on tooling design development, approval, manufacture and implementation for all primary and secondary equipment.
8. May interact with other groups to develop packaging designs (eg. Communicate equipment constraints, tooling timelines, engineering design intricacies).
9. Participate in departmental safety committee. Ensure that departmental safety practices are communicated and upheld.
10. Mechanical capabilities are mandatory. Electrical capabilities with PLC programming and electrical wiring troubleshooting is highly desired.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet