Outcome Liaison, Associate Director - Diabetes & Cardiovascular - Illinois/Wisconsin/Indiana/Ohio/Michigan
Madison, WI;Cincinnati, OH;Chicago, IL;Milwaukee, WI;Green Bay, WI;Columbus, OH;Springfield, IL;Lansing, MI;Detroit, MI;Indianapolis, IN;Remote, US
Sanofi, in the U.S. and Canada, strives to create a diverse and inclusive work environment that empowers employees to drive their careers and be successful. As the field-based scientific lead serving as the comprehensive scientific/medical/managed care expert for the Sanofi, candidates within Medical Affairs will help build strong relationships and networks with healthcare decision makers, provide insights to internal teams on evidence gaps to help inform research and product strategy, and identifies/facilitates outcomes research, education, and other collaborations per applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The position supports strategic and cross functional alignment within the organization in order to optimize patient access and ensure safe and appropriate use of Sanofi therapies.
Good morning Sanofi
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
NOTE:The territory for this role is Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan. The successful candidate must live near a major airport hub in this territory.
The Diabetes & Cardiovascular (DCV) Outcomes Liaison (OL) provides scientific information to ensure medical understanding of DCV products and disease states to the payors, PBMs and other large population-based decision making organized customer groups (PBDM OCGs) in the US (Great Lakes region). The OL’s primary function is field-focused through scientific exchange that translates DCV-related HEOR and clinical information into relevant scientific value-based discussions for PBDM OCGs. The OL will support Sanofi DCV commitment to build strong relationships with healthcare professionals, patients, advocacy groups. payors, PBMs and other large PBDM OCGs. The OL will strategically support our collaborations with these key external stakeholders and is an expert in Health Outcomes Research as it relates to Sanofi DCV therapeutic areas. The OL is also an expert in how scientific information is used by PBDM OCGs regarding formulary decisions and is able to create and maintain relationships with assigned accounts. The OL champions these external perspectives across internal functional groups and develops innovative strategies for the Medical team to meet the dynamic needs of the external community. In partnership with multiple internal stakeholders, the OL will aid in developing short and long-term strategies to integrate and advance the communication and needs of the DCV Outcomes Research community. The OL contributes to the development of Integrated Medical Plans, including Medical Communications and Publications and Health Outcomes and Advocacy for assigned products. The OL assists in providing outcomes research expertise to DCV sales, marketing, public affairs & advocacy, legal and regulatory functions for marketed products and drugs in development. This individual will be a member of the Sanofi DCV North American Medical Affairs team. The individual must have the ability to:
• Conduct at least 8-10 interactions monthly with their assigned accounts
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with both national and regional payors and PBMs as well as GPOs, LTC, VA/DOD, IDNs, ACOs, employers, advocacy groups, and Medicaid.
• Translate HEOR and medical information into relevant information for all types of assigned accounts based on OL deep understanding of the different medical and business needs of various customer segments.
• Support medical unit with advocacy, communications, publications and training.
• Understand medical and business strategy to develop integral medical and outcomes plans that support overall franchise goals of organization/BU.
• Provide US Medical outcomes leadership with customer insights and correlating business recommendations.
• Provide insights that have significant impact on clinical and RW trial design.
• Develop unique Outcomes Field Medical tactics/concepts for consideration.
All proposed strategies and projects developed must be approved by appropriate review committees before implementation.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Medical Interface and Communications:
• Serve as medical lead for the assigned national/regional accounts and other identified healthcare organizations, such as advocacy groups, employer groups and key health economist thought leaders. Develop and maintain credible and independent relationships with key medical, pharmacy, quality & health economics/outcomes/analytics opinion leaders within assigned accounts.
• Alignment of product, therapeutic area and disease state strategies with PBDM OCG customer focused scientific and medical objectives
• Provide timely clinical, economic and scientific product updates in response to unsolicited requests per standard operating procedure (including Dossier and Portfolio presentations) for Scientific Formulary decision making.
• Develop strategic medical partnerships related to clinical, evidence-based and disease management/health outcome initiatives.
• Facilitate the development and placement of appropriate clinical/ health outcomes and population health management studies with appropriate field, home office support and consistent with all policies, procedures and guidelines.
• Provide innovative input and support to Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) and internal teams that result in creation of tools, resources, approaches and Best Practice Disease/Population and Health Economic Presentations.
• Develop strategic medical partnerships and affiliations with appropriate national/regional medical/payer associations.
• Provide input and support in development/implementation and participation in Sanofi DCV scientific advisory boards and symposia. Attend and participate as appropriate in Medical/HO & Managed Market conferences.
• Maintain communication flow with internal and external teams.
• Develop specific medical action plans (MAP) for the assigned accounts per approved policies, procedures and guidelines for medical interface.
Territory: Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, Ohio, and Michigan.
Cross Functional Interfaces:
• Work with cross-functional US Managed Markets teams, Market Access teams, and Global and US HEOR and HEVA to coordinate the appropriate response to the medical and scientific needs of the customer. Develop appropriate Medical Action plans for assigned healthcare organizations and customers.
• Ensure collaboration and a cross-functional team approach to meet customer medical needs with medical (RMLs, GHEOR, HEVA, Medical Directors), as appropriate.
• Support the integration of customer insight in shaping medical strategies, tactics, tools, approaches and business intelligence.
• Provide insight, input and support towards development of Medical information and Health outcomes communication strategy and action planning for various healthcare organizations within the USMM (e.g. National MCOs and PBMs, LTC and other healthcare organizations).
• Provide input and support towards development of appropriate product specific tools and tactics that enhance the dissemination of key medical, scientific and health outcomes information.
• Provide input and support for the development and delivery of appropriate training tools /materials (e.g. product Dossier, Slide kits, articles, review summaries etc.).
• Training - Develop mechanisms to disseminate scientific and HEOR data to appropriate stakeholders. Internal training as needed for US Managed Markets (USMM) and other divisions.
- At least 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience or Managed Healthcare experience required
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and ability to pass a complete background check
- Driving a company car in a safe manner to daily meetings and appointments is required
- Responsible for operating the motor vehicle using safe driving practices, knowledge of and compliance with all company policies, and obeying all traffic laws.
- MD, PharmD, or PhD (clinical) degree preferred; alternatively, will consider RN or RPh with Medical Science Liaison (MSL) experience or Managed Care experience
- 5+ years’ experience as medical/clinical executive within Managed healthcare (i.e. MCO, PBM, PPO, VA/DOD, LTC, etc.) preferred.
- Strong understanding of current US Healthcare system
- Extensive clinical and pharmaceutical background with diabetes and/or cardiovascular medicine strongly preferred
- Strong, comprehensive knowledge of HEOR disciplines including drafting clinical & HO documents (i.e. clinical protocols, clinical reports, integrated summaries and/or a clinical development plans) as well as an in-depth understanding of clinical statistics and evidenced based medicine.
- Ability to assess strategic approach for population health needs of customer, and be DCV HEOR lead with Market access teams for payer accounts and organized customers
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent strategic thinking and negotiation abilities
- Ability to work independently as well as cross functionally
- Demonstrated ability to independently work under pressure in a compliant and highly regulated environment while managing multiple responsibilities
- Ability to influence without authority in a highly matrixed environment
- Strategic approach to problem-solving considering all of the potential implications of key decisions and messaging
- Experience with clinical health care delivery in the United States and biotechnology drug or device development process
Physical Requirements of the Job
This job has specific physical requirements: Driving and ability to travel. Lifting suitcase while traveling.
Leadership Success Profiles & Company Values
Job requires consistent demonstration of appropriate behavioral competencies as defined through the company’s Leadership Success Profile and Company Values Model
Travel requirements: Up to 70% (with time managed between home office and field).
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet