National Account Director - Rare Diseases and Rare Blood Disorders
Los Angeles, California, Chicago, Illinois
National Account Director
Available territories: Midwest and West-coast
This position reports to the Senior Director, West, Market Access, Rare Diseases and Rare Blood Disorders and is responsible for establishing and leveraging credible relationships within all assigned accounts, which may include; national and regional payers, specialty pharmacies, PBMs, and state Medicaid agencies, to achieve and maintain open and appropriate access to all Sanofi Genzyme Rare Diseases and Rare Blood Disorders products. This position is responsible for the implementation of short- and long-term business plans that will optimize appropriate coverage, coding, payment of and patient access to Sanofi Genzyme Rare Diseases and Rare Blood Disorders products.
This individual will be responsible for engaging in frequent and compliant discussions with key decision makers, to manage, assess and, if appropriate, impact change of existing policies to align with the internal strategies for Sanofi Genzyme Rare Disease and Rare Blood Disorder products. The National Account Director will demonstrate strong relationships with Trade/Industry Relations, Medical and Pharmacy Directors (clinical and administrative), Case Managers, Medical Benefit Managers, and other key decision makers within their assigned accounts. Efforts will include working with national headquarters of managed care organizations and leading pull-through strategies to local offices of the national organizations, as well as initiatives with other large and local managed care organizations. The National Account Director is expected to work with minimal supervision and strategic independent thought.
This individual will work closely with the Sanofi Genzyme Rare and Rare Blood Disorders’ value and access, case management, medical, government and sales leadership teams, to ensure consistent exchange of important payer insights and messaging.
The National Account Director will provide periodic market updates to Sales Management and other internal teams, regarding important payer and health care reform trends and issues.
- Implements strategies and tactics to support appropriate formulary placement and reimbursement (coverage, coding, payment and patient access) across assigned customers
- Negotiates cost effective contracts that allow access to our products by providers and their patients
- Maintains responsibility for positive business outcomes within assigned accounts
- Creates clear messages for dissemination to sales on important payer trends, reimbursement changes, and billing requirements that will affect product utilization
- Represents the Market Access organization, with professionalism and integrity, at national payer organization meetings and internally with various departmental and leadership teams
- Maintains accurate account information within customer databases
- Work with the various product case managers to assure accurate coverage determinations and resolve customer issues.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master’s/advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 8 years field-based pharmaceutical/biotech Sales and/or Marketing experience with at least 3 years of direct managed care experience
- Established relationships with Pharmacy Directors and Medical Directors within key assigned accounts
- Demonstrated knowledge of payer decision-making for formulary processes, coverage, coding and patient access to drugs, biologicals, medical devices
- Experience in Specialty Pharmacy and patient support services
- Experience with medical benefit products
- Therapeutic experience in Rare Diseases and/or Rare Blood Disorders
- Experience negotiating contracts and agreements
- Exceptional communication skills that include verbal, written and presentation abilities
- Demonstrated problem-solving capabilities
- Outstanding consultative and networking capabilities
- Excellent project management skills, with the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to skillfully negotiate in tough situations with both internal and external groups.
- Understanding of organizational behavior, culture and be able to flourish in a complex and rapidly evolving workplace.
- Skilled to successfully lead account teams through collaboration with other members within and across sales, marketing, reimbursement and other business groups to improve overall effectiveness.
Requires greater than 50% travel
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community