Area Business Manager, GI Long Beach
Long Beach, California, Remote
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"One of the best things about Sanofi Genzyme is the consistently fun and dynamic work environment that I get to be a part of."Kristin Ouimet Regional Business Manager
"At Sanofi, We are guided by a deep appreciation and understanding of what it means to live with a rare blood disorder, and we learn by listening to the community – patients, caregivers physicians, and other healthcare professionals."Shannon Resetich US Head Rare Diseases & Blood Disorders
"Patients are at the center of all that we do at Sanofi. Our teams are focused on advancing transformational therapies that can address serious unmet needs for people living with rare blood disorders, and expanding global patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical Rare Blood Disorders
Area Business Manager (Dupixent) – Gastroenterology – GI- Long Beach
Primary cities include: Long Beach
Sanofi Genzyme focuses on developing specialty treatments for debilitating diseases that are often difficult to diagnose and treat, providing hope to patients and their families.
Sanofi Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases, oncology, immunology and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Sanofi Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine.
At Sanofi Genzyme, we are committed to the growth of our people, connected in purpose by career, life and health.
The Area Business Manager (ABM) will have the potential opportunity to change the treatment paradigm in the Gastroenterology space. S/he is responsible for engaging Gastroenterologists, and other key customers within an assigned geography and presenting clinically focused selling messages to create and grow revenue and to consistently deliver product goals related to Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE) indication. The ABM will demonstrate initiative, drive, independence, and take ownership for meeting and exceeding individual business goals. This will be accomplished by driving performance and delivering results in a compliant manner with a high degree of integrity strictly following all Sanofi Genzyme US policies and in compliance with all policies and procedures governing the promotion of pharmaceutical/biological products in the US.
- Engage Gastroenterology customers within assigned geographical territory and deliver clinically focused message to introduce, launch, grow brand-share and revenue and to consistently deliver on product goals for EoE indication.
- Collaborate and coordinate with other key field-based stakeholders such as Regeneron Medical Specialists counterparts, Medical Science Liaisons, Field Reimbursement and Market Access teammates, Thought Leader Liaisons, and others in their territory to proactively address customer needs, identify market dynamics and trends, develop strategies which support brand and corporate objectives, and ensure optimal account success within their assigned geography.
- Develop strong working relationships with gastroenterology experts in assigned geography as well as biologic coordinators, office staff and other important health care personnel and key patient advocacy support groups as directed.
- Drive results by identifying key opportunities and developing strategic business plans to generate product utilization and grow territory business.
- Plan, organize, and execute local promotional speaker programs and activities.
- Maximize budget allocated to the geographic territory to support execution of strategies and tactics and generate/grow the business.
- Participate and help lead initiatives to support sales success as assigned (e.g. participate in industry related congresses, local and regional meetings and medical conferences).
- Own business opportunities within respective geographic area, which includes coordination and calling upon private equity/large group practices and other key targets to drive overall product results.
- Establish relationship with thought leaders in assigned territory. Primary objective is to drive industry leading customer value.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university.
- 3+ years of pharmaceutical, biotech, or medical device sales experience.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply technical and scientific product-related information.
- Ability to travel to meetings/trainings/programs as necessary - additional travel may be required within the assigned territory.
- Proven success and positive track record of consistent sales performance in complex markets with diverse customer segments operating with a high degree of integrity within compliance guidelines.
- Ability to operate as a “team player” in cooperation with collaboration partners and internal colleagues to reach common goals.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Candidate must complete all fleet safety training and must maintain an acceptable driving record regarding accidents and incidents.
- 2+ years selling sub-cutaneous self-injectable (or office administered IV) biologics in a complex and competitive market.
- 2+ years selling experience in gastroenterology or other immunology disorders such as asthma, atopic dermatitis, psoriasis, multiple sclerosis, crohn’s disease, or ulcerative colitis strongly preferred.
- Demonstrate advanced clinically based selling skills.
- Results oriented with a proven track record of success with product launches.
- Strong understanding of the reimbursement landscape and expertise with Managed Markets pull-through strongly preferred.
- Launch experience in specialty care and biologics strongly preferred.
- Alliance/matrix partnership experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with in-servicing and training office staff, nurses, biologic coordinators, and office managers.
- Demonstrate a passion and learning aptitude for science and is proactive in strengthening knowledge related to disease-state, treatment options and healthcare trends.
- Highly organized with strong account management skills.
As a healthcare company and a vaccine manufacturer, Sanofi has an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. This position will require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of your job responsibilities.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community