Sr. Research Associate, Analytical Development, CMC
La Jolla, California
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
Senior Research Associate
Synthorx has advanced a revolutionary technology that expands the genetic alphabet to drive the sitespecific
incorporation of multiple non-natural amino acids into proteins of any size, and to manufacture
these improved proteins at scale. This technology opens-up opportunities to make novel protein
therapeutics to previously difficult to drug targets. We are hiring a Research Associate to participate in
design, execution and analysis of LC, CE and ELISA based experiments in support of CMC activities.
• Perform LC based assays with minimal supervision and assist in assay optimization and
technology transfer to CROs as needed.
• Execute experiments, conduct analysis, report results and document in accordance with internal
and industry guidances.
• Participate in assay development and carry out protein-based assays (i.e. ELISA, CE Western
• Develop, maintain, and manage Standard Operation Protocols (SOPs).
• Initiate new methods and protocols to support analytical development of assays.
• Manage and maintain required reagents, laboratory environment, and equipment needed to carry
• Prepare analytical reports and presentations for team meetings.
• Work closely with team leaders to manage priorities and reach goals and milestones.
• Collaborate with internal teams and provide support to different functional groups as needed.
• Maintain laboratory notebooks.
• BS degree, plus knowledge and skills acquired through a minimum of 8 years relevant industry
experience or MS degree plus knowledge and skills acquired through 5 years relevant industry
• Ability to follow SOP’s and to perform testing in a highly accurate and reproducible manner.
• Minimum of 2 years’ of HPLC experience.
• Familiarity with peptide/protein assay development and optimization is a plus.
• Effective problem-solving/troubleshooting skills required.
• Familiarity with CE, ELISA and data analysis desired but not required.
• Familiarity with LC/MS and data analysis desired but not required.
• Committed to working in a collaborative manner but ability to work independently.
• Excellent organization skills, detail oriented, ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
• Excellent computer skills, proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required.
• Good oral and written communication skills a must.
• Ability to effectively and clearly explain results to other team members.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community