Research Associate/Senior Research Associate, Microbial Fermentation Protein Sciences and Early Stage CMC Process Development
La Jolla, California
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
Synthorx has advanced a revolutionary technology that expands the genetic alphabet to drive the sitespecific incorporation of multiple non-natural amino acids into proteins of any size, and to manufacture these improved proteins at scale. This technology opens-up opportunities to make novel protein therapeutics to previously difficult to drug targets. We are hiring a motivated Research Associate/Senior Research Associate with hands-on experience with microbial protein expression and protein purification. This candidate will contribute to the development of protein expression processes using Synthorx recombinant platform to support lead candidate selection, pre-clinical studies and technical transfer to external CMOs.
• Experience with E.coli and Pichia fermentation. Perform all steps of protein expression and scaleup under minimal supervision.
• Experience with fermentation equipment at bench scale required (1L to 10 L). Experience at pilot and industrial scale desirable.
• Contribute to downstream process development teams to ensure efficient integration of functions.
• Develop standard operating procedures, document protocols and technology transfer.
• Support internal lead discovery efforts and pre-clinical studies.
• Prepare and present project updates to ensure timely delivery.
• Maintain a high standard for quality control including up-to-date data records for all fermentations executed.
• Troubleshoot challenging technical, experimental, and instrumental issues.
• MSc or BSc and 5+ of hands-on experience with recombinant protein production.
• Experience with E. coli and Pichia-based recombinant expression including scale-up preparation employing fermentation instrumentation and protocols. Familiarity with DASGIP instrumentation is highly desirable.
• Working knowledge of microbial physiology and its impact on process optimization.
• Hands-on experience with protein purification including chromatography (column packing, resin screen) and TFF. Familiarity with AKTA instrumentation is highly desirable.
• Experience in protein characterization (SDS PAGE, Western Blotting, quantification).
• Experience with technical transfer to external CMOs.
• Effective communication and prioritization of activities to match dynamic timelines.
• Manages own time effectively.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community