Associate Scientist/Scientist – Bioassay and Analytical Development
La Jolla, California
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
Synthorx, a Sanofi Company, is a biotechnology company employing a novel synthetic biology platform for the discovery and development of transformational protein therapeutics for the treatment of cancer and autoimmune disorders. We are hiring an Associate Scientist or Scientist (commensurate with qualifications) with experience in bioassays and protein analytics to join the CMC team to advance drug candidates through clinical development. The qualified candidate will report to the Associate Director of Analytics and Bioassay Development.
• Develop cell-based in vitro assays with minimal supervision and assist in and/or lead assay optimization and technology transfer to CROs
• Participate in and/or lead assay development and carry out protein-based assays, e.g. ELISA, Western, Gel Electrophesis to determine drug candidate activity, identity and purity in support of CMC activities
• Perform assay evaluation for range, linearity, precision, accuracy, and LOQ, etc. in accordance with ICH and FDA guidelines
• Participate in comparability studies and support process characterization and/or validation
• Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience with various methods and instrument e.g. plate reader, UV-VIS spectrophotometer, flow cytometer, etc.
• Experience in Host Cell Proteins (HCPs) and residual DNA assays is a plus
• Experience in HPLC methods for test release or stability evaluation is preferred
• Manage priorities, plan experiments, conduct analysis and report results to project teams
• Prepare research reports and presentations for team meetings, and draft laboratory standard operation procedures
• Collaborate with internal teams and provide support to different functional groups as needed
• Ph.D. in analytical chemistry or related discipline, M.S. degree in chemistry/biochemistry or related filed with 5+ years of relevant experience or a B.S./M.S. degree with at least 8 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry.
• Minimum of 3-4 years’ of bioassay experience
• Ability to follow SOP’s and to perform testing in an accurate and reproducible manner
• Familiarity with ICH, USP and FDA requirements
• Effective problem-solving/troubleshooting skills required
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-orientated environment
• Committed to working in a collaborative manner
• Excellent organization skills and ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects
• Must have excellent computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required
• Good oral and written communication skills a must
• Ability to effectively and clearly explain results to other team members
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community