Associate Scientist/Scientist Analytical
La Jolla, California
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
Synthorx, a Sanofi company, is a biopharmaceutical company dedicated to delivering new biologic medicines to patients suffering from cancer and autoimmune disorders. Synthorx is applying a revolutionary technology based on an expanded DNA code to create breakthrough protein-based medicines. We are hiring an Associate Scientist or Scientist with a strong background in biologics characterization to join the analytical team supporting R&D programs. The successful candidate has a proven track record in analytical method development and deep understanding of technologies for characterization of protein therapeutics. We are seeking a highly driven, self-starting, independent and collaborative individual who can operate at a fast pace to meet aggressive timelines.
• Independently designs, develops and implements, analytical assays in support of R&D activities.
• Develops analytical assays for characterization of protein biologics. Assays include chromatography e.g. SEC, RP, IEX, and CE-SDS and cIEF techniques etc.
• Performs assay development and optimization for titer and protein purity; carries out assays as needed to meet critical timelines. • Develops LC-MS/MS assays for characterization of pegylated proteins. This includes primary sequence confirmation and PTMs identification (peptide mapping) and relative quantitation.
• Troubleshoots challenging technical, experimental, and instrument issues. Technical troubleshooting for chromatographic, sample prep and LC-MS methodologies.
• Manage priority, plan experiments, conduct analysis, processes and reviews data.
• Authors protocols, transfers assays, and oversees execution and qualification at CROs and CDMOs.
• Report results to internal teams and external partners and supports regulatory filings.
• Supervise, train and mentor junior staff and provide insight and technical expertise for project progression.
• Ph.D. in analytical chemistry or related disciplines, M.S. degree in chemistry/biochemistry or related field with 5+ years of relevant experience or a B.S./M.S. degree with at least 8 years of experience in pharmaceutical industry.
• Proven ability to think critically and creatively to identify and solve analytical assay development challenges.
• Strong subject matter expertise in analytical techniques including chromatography techniques, mass spectrometry, and data analysis.
• Consummate ability to work in a highly collaborative, fast-paced, cross-functional environment with superior oral and written communication skills.
• Proven expertise with technologies for qualitative and quantitative analysis of therapeutic proteins.
• Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to work independently and within a multi-disciplinary environment as well as with external partners.
• Strong interpersonal skills to thrive in a team environment.
• Have excellent oral and written communication skills; communicates through clear, concise reporting and by maintaining high quality, accurate electronic scientific notebook records.
• Proven track record of success in anticipating and managing issues in a proactive fashion.
• Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment to meet aggressive deadlines is a must.
• Experience taking on leadership roles through direct or indirect management or mentoring associates.
Additional preferred skills:
• Basic understanding of cancer and/or immuno-biology
• Familiar with protein expression and purification
• While work environment is non-GLP (discovery stage) a basic knowledge of regulated bioanalysis in GLP and/or GMP environment is a plus.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community