Area Business Manager, Hemophilia - KS, MO
Kansas City, Missouri, Remote
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"At Sanofi, We are guided by a deep appreciation and understanding of what it means to live with a rare blood disorder, and we learn by listening to the community – patients, caregivers physicians, and other healthcare professionals."Shannon Resetich US Head Rare Diseases & Blood Disorders
"Patients are at the center of all that we do at Sanofi. Our teams are focused on advancing transformational therapies that can address serious unmet needs for people living with rare blood disorders, and expanding global patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical Rare Blood Disorders
Sanofi focuses on developing specialty treatments for debilitating diseases that are often difficult to diagnose and treat, providing hope to patients and their families.
Sanofi has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases, oncology, immunology, and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Sanofi's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine.
At Sanofi, we are committed to the growth of our people, connected in purpose by career, life, and health. Learn more at www.sanofi.com.
The Rare Blood Disorders franchise is a patient centric organization responsible for delivering the highest quality education and service regarding disease and treatment. The goal of the franchise is to penetrate existing and new markets to meet business goals by educating physicians and healthcare professionals on a portfolio of products while upholding the Company's mission and values.
In this field-based hematology sales position, you will have responsibility for promoting the current Hemophilia portfolio and future Hemophilia product launches within Sanofi Rare Blood Disorders. This is a highly competitive marketplace, where you will be called upon to successfully execute sales launch strategies to meet/exceed demand targets within your geographic territory.
- Ensure effective execution of Sanofi strategies and tactics within assigned geographic area by developing effective business plans to execute selling strategies that are consistent with corporate brand and marketing plans and are tailored to geography and customer context.
- Identify key decision makers for the use of Sanofi products and conduct customer meetings within assigned territory.
- Demonstrate advanced ability to ask strategic, insightful questions to obtain information on customer needs from all stakeholders in hematology accounts, using the insights to position current promoted Hematology brands and collaborate with customers on a customized strategy.
- Review and analyze market/customer data to support and execute strategic planning.
- Review and analyze data/systems/processes to identify and create business opportunities and to improve tactical implementation of strategic goals.
- Collaborate closely with cross functional team members to identify and resolve customer needs appropriately and with a high sense of urgency.
- Conduct formal and informal presentations and convey complex hematology clinical information fluently to Institutional based physicians in large academic centers and hospitals or large group practices/groups, in a professional, compliant, and effective manner.
- Demonstrates deep marketplace, therapeutic, product and disease expertise based on thorough understanding of rigorous scientific principles and data, including mechanism of action, indications, efficacy, safety, etc. Provide key market insights and field feedback to home office.
- Understand and apply knowledge of health care industry, trends, applicable laws and regulations, market conditions, and the market access environment (including but not limited to pharmacy-economics, payer/ reimbursement landscape and patient flow/influence between institutions and community practices) and analyze these factors in the development of business plans and in daily execution of sales calls within compliance guidelines.
- Build and maintain strong professional relationships with physicians/HCPs office and hospital staff and others in the patient care continuum.
- Coordinate with patient and provider services (Specialty Pharmacy, Specialty Distributor, Patient Services) to assure complete patient care (diagnosis through completion of treatment).
- Be responsive to the needs of providers and patients, understanding the importance of urgent and timely resolution.
- Foster team effectiveness and accomplishment of shared goals by sharing knowledge, experience, and information between and amongst partners.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years of demonstrated success in a hospital/institutional or specialty pharmaceutical sales position or 4 years clinical experience such as an Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner, Physician Assistant, Registered Nurse, Physical Therapist and/or Social Worker.
- Willingness and ability to work within and outside of traditional business hours
- The ability to travel up to 50%
- Valid driver's license
- MBA a plus
- 5+ years industry sales experience
- 3+ years Hematology sales experience preferred
- Rare/orphan disease experience
- Experience working with specialty pharmacies
- Sales launch experience with complex specialty products
- Should reside within the geographic area of the assigned territory
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
As a healthcare company and a vaccine manufacturer, Sanofi has an important responsibility to protect individual and public health. All US based roles require individuals to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as part of your job responsibilities.
According to the CDC, an individual is considered to be “fully vaccinated” fourteen (14) days after receiving (a) the second dose of the Moderna or Pfizer vaccine, or (b) the single dose of the J&J vaccine. Fully vaccinated, for new Sanofi employees, is to be fully vaccinated 14 DAYS PRIOR TO START DATE.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.