Upstream Senior Research Associate Tech Pilot Plant
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
Biologics Development at Sanofi develops and implements manufacturing processes for biologics starting with an early and strong interface with Biologics Research. It encompasses cell line development, GMP cell banking, upstream- downstream and formulation development, assay development, GMP clinical biologics production for toxicological and clinical studies, release and stability testing (QC). Biologics Development drives identification, development and introduction of new state-of-the-art technologies and provides launch capable processes and analytical methods at the interface to biologics manufacturing.
Within Biologics Development in Framingham, the Bioprocessing Engineering Technical Pilot Plant operations group (TPP) is responsible for the execution of large-scale manufacturing of biological molecules to support early and late stage development processes working closely with the Upstream and Downstream development groups. TPP delivers biological products to be used in support of early development for First in Human molecules and late stage biological development batches including process confirmation/consistency. TPP supports/executes technology innovations for process improvement working with development groups on innovation projects.
- Provide technical expertise and support to investigate and improve on-going development processes, evaluate new technologies, and develop platform technologies for upstream process
- Ensure that the highest standards of safety and environmental compliance are maintained in the workplace while operating under the regulatory requirements for biologics product development and manufacturing.
- Work with supervisor to design, plan and conduct cell culture large scale operations from seed train through clarified harvest at the 100L to 500L scale.
- Complete and generate process batch records for large scale operations, perform data analysis, prepare technical reports, SOPs, internal and external presentations
- Stay abreast of relevant new technologies and published literature, including attending external technical forums and publish in first class technical journals
- Collaborate with colleagues in other groups and departments
- Bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering, chemistry, biochemistry, biology or related field with a minimum of 2 year’s of relevant experience
- Experience with records documentation
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Experience with cell culture technologies and operations, fed-batch and perfusion cell culture
- Experience with bioreactor systems of various scales.
- Understanding and application of scientific and technical knowledge in mammalian cell culture processes.
- Experience with bioreactor control and data systems (Delta-V, PI).
Special Working Conditions:
- Availability for limited weekend coverage.
- Ability to gown and gain entry to manufacturing areas.
- Ability to work flexible hours if needed.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community