Sr. Instrumentation & Controls/Process Engineer, Design, Technology, and Standards, Global Biologics Engineering
- Lead the development of I&C design, network and control system designs for all Tier 1 capital projects
- Support implementation of automation/controls/data acquisition projects for Biologics sites, ensuring that objectives are clearly defined and that project objectives are achieved within budgetary and time constraints.
- Develop scopes, budgets and schedules for design and construction services related to instrumentation and controls designs
- Provide automation/controls engineering support for the sites, and act as a liaison between Global Biologics Engineering and Corporate ITS for all manufacturing and facilities controls/automation/data integrity projects.
- Support activities regarding the design, construction, factory acceptance testing, installation and commissioning of all automated facility equipment, and utility systems for Tier 1 projects
- Development of technical solutions around manufacturing & business goals
- Implement Global Biologics Engineering design standards
- Use knowledge and experience to solve complex tasks around drug substance manufacturing operations and process control
- Follow Industry technology trends and maintain knowledge within key technical disciplines
- Convey and share knowledge within DTS
- Review and assess lessons learned from projects, recommend improvements of tools/methods and give input to implementation
- Work closely with Sanofi ITS Group to develop total I&C/Automation control approach
- B.S degree in process engineering discipline
- Minimum 10 + years of experience in biomanufacturing design/consulting, focused in the area of process control
- Ability to work with various PLC systems.
- Knowledge of various programs such as Visual Basic, RSLogix, Intellution, iFIX, OSI PI, data visualization system, etc.
- Ability to develop/work with Process Control Instrumentation and PID information
- Knowledge of process automation platforms for control of manufacturing and critical utility support
- Knowledge of the lifecycle requirements for biomanufacturing process development, plant design, and start-up/commissioning
- Experience in multi-product plant design in biologics
- Keep close contact with the market and internal customers to spot current/future requirements (trends)
- Be passionate about technical discipline and eager to develop ideas and spread the message
- Be adept at finding better methods and solutions for our internal customer/project requirements
- Participate actively in global site needs
- Experience in the execution (design, build, start-up) of capex projects for drug substance manufacturing
- Experience and comfort working in complex corporate environment
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community