This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
Sanofi is looking for an experienced cell culture development professional to join the Cell Culture Development Upstream Development (USP-US) Group located in the Framingham, MA in the role of Senior Scientist. The Global Cell Culture Development group within Sanofi operates with the mission to develop robust, scalable and innovative cell culture processes for Sanofi’s very diverse early and late-stage biologics pipeline.
We are looking for a candidate with excellent scientific, communication, and project management skills to lead a small team of upstream development scientists and engineers. In addition, as a senior staff member of the Upstream Development Framingham organization, he/she is expected to work collaboratively with others in the team to establish objectives, priorities and directions, and also represent the function in stakeholder meetings.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead a small group of scientists and engineers focused on upstream process development within a global development organization
- Independently plan and lead the execution of upstream process development for assets in all stages of the development life-cycle
- Plan USP resources for supported projects to ensure timely delivery of department objectives
- Align USP development activities against overall project goals
- Ensure that the USP project team maintains high quality deliverables, open communication, and a good working environment
- Oversee the professional development of scientists in the team. Ensures that group maintains proper and updated training
- Serve as a subject matter expert in one or more selected areas of cell culture development and support the entire upstream development portfolio
- Provide technical expertise to assist in resolution of complex problems
- Present findings and/or results to senior management, external stakeholders, and industry leaders at national/international conferences
- Participate in the design and implementation of concepts for i.e. control strategy, validation strategy, developability, manufacturability, processing, disposable technology, and digitalization
- Lead projects to develop and implement industry leading cell culture production technologies
- Build strong interfaces with global Cell Culture Development community and help drive global adoption of best practices
- PhD degree in Biotechnology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering or related field with 4+ years of relevant experience or MS with 8+ years of relevant industrial experience
- Experience in executing projects to aggressive timelines with the ability to adapt to rapid changes in project priorities
- Experience in the biotech/pharmaceutical industry within a mammalian cell culture role and an excellent understanding of the theory and practice of cell culture process development is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to build relationships both inside and outside the cell culture development function
- Experience in managing one or more junior staff (either within a line function or a cross-functional project team)
- Experience managing cross functional team and initiatives
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community