Senior Scientist - Investigative Toxicology (MPS Strategy) Framingham/MA
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. With 12 locations in Massachusetts, many located within close proximity to Boston, you'll have easy access to public transportation, popular restaurants, some of the best education, and most of all the history.
Good morning Sanofi
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
The incumbent will be responsible for oversight and execution of the microphysiological system (MPS) strategy within Preclinical Safety. This role will involve working with colleagues across Sanofi sites to drive development of MPS models both in-house and collaboratively with external vendors, ensuring scientific rigor in the models, providing technical support, and supporting application of these models within the Sanofi portfolio. Participation in external MPS consortia and representing Sanofi at relevant scientific venues is also an important component of this role.
- Provide expertise in the development of in-house MPS models, including model selection and technical expertise, and ensure models meet established scientific requirements and standards. Ensure scientific rigor of MPS models, including designing appropriate validation plans and testing strategies to ensure robust performance of the systems. Collaborate with external vendors where appropriate.
- Provide global guidance, support and matrix management to colleagues working on MPS model development.
- Implement MPS models within the framework of nonclinical safety assessment. Promote and support use of these models by project teams for both screening compounds for safety liabilities and investigation of mechanisms of toxicity. Author reports to support inclusion of results in white papers or regulatory submissions as needed.
- Provide clear transversal leadership regarding MPS within Preclinical Safety and the broader Sanofi Research and Development organization.
- Participate in external MPS consortia or working groups to stay abreast of MPS knowledge and trends within the scientific community and the pharmaceutical industry. Represent Sanofi interests, maintaining high ethical and scientific standards. Author external presentations and manuscripts to contribute to scientific advancement of the MPS field.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Knowledge and experience in MPS, 3D models, or complex in vitro systems required. PhD in toxicology, pharmacology, biology, engineering or equivalent scientific discipline required, with a minimum of 4 years of experience in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industry.
- Knowledge and experience in toxicology a plus.
- Established record of scientific contribution in peer-reviewed journals and scientific symposiums.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Terms of employment
- Occasional domestic and international travel to Sanofi Research and Development sites (e.g Cambridge, MA; Paris, France; Frankfurt, Germany) and scientific meetings.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet