Senior Scientist- Framingham/MA
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
- The selected candidate will be responsible for developing injectable dosage forms (liquid and lyophilized) for clinical and commercial use and conducting process optimization and scale-up studies to support technology transfer to manufacturing sites.
As part of this overall goal, the candidate would be required to:
- Develop experimental plans and execute studies to assess physicochemical stability of biologic drug candidates.
- Develop plans as well as assist in process development studies for routine manufacturing unit operations for injectable dosage forms (e.g. freeze-thaw, mixing, filtration, filling, lyophilzation etc.).
- Be able to work closely and independently with counterparts from other functional areas to deliver on CMC milestones while adhering to broad project timelines.
- Generate, document and compile data for team and senior management discussions, development reports and regulatory filings.
- Supervise and mentor junior staff as required.
- Master's Degree in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Bioengineering or a related discipline with minimum of 8 years of relevant laboratory experience.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Pharmaceutics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Bioengineering or a related discipline with 3-5 years of relevant laboratory experience
- Experience in the pharmaceutical industry
- A thorough understanding of protein structure, chemistry and stability attributes.
- An understanding of fundamental biopharmaceutical principles for the development of injectable drug products of biologic drug candidates.
- Practical experience with developing peptide, antibody and/or gene therapy based drug products including formulation and process development, optimization and scale up;
- Working knowledge in process simulations and scale down model development
- Experience in technology transfer and supporting GMP fill finish process
- Experience with high protein concentration formulations and pre-filled syringe based products.
- Hands-on experience with bioanalytical instrumentation, such as SEC, SDS-PAGE, IEF/cIEF, spectroscopy and calorimetry.
- Experience with biophysical characterization, thermodynamics and mechanistic understanding of protein degradation, protein-protein, and protein-excipient interactions.
- Basic understanding of statistical data analysis, written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to effectively and collaboratively lead and participate in technical team discussions.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community