Senior Scientist - Cell Line Development
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Department Description/Job overview
We seek a highly motivated team leader to join Cell Line Development (CLD), a growing department responsible for generating mammalian cell lines for Sanofi’s R&D biologics pipeline and implementing new technologies and processes for continuous platform improvement. CLD, located in Framingham MA, is global function, supporting research and early development projects at three Sanofi R&D Hubs (North America, France, Germany), and group members routinely work with colleagues at all three global sites.
The person in this role will work in a high-performing, fast-paced collaborative environment, ensure project goals and timelines are met, and help drive optimization for cell line production of biologics including antibodies and diverse, novel formats. The position also provides the opportunity to work on global teams, contribute to operational excellence and other transversal initiatives, and have a direct impact on shaping our future cell line expression platforms.
- Technical oversight of end-to-end cell line development work packages to meet deliverables for preclinical and clinical development projects, including written reports and presentations to stakeholders
- Manage research associates performing CHO cell line development activities
- Prepare and review documentation for regulatory submissions
- Represent the CLD function on project teams, making decisions for cell line activities and effectively communicating results, progress and plans
- Collaborate to develop and implement new strategies for improving CHO cell protein production, to ensure “right first time” commercial-ready cell lines
- PhD in Biology, Cell Biology, Bioengineering, or related discipline with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience or Master’s degree with a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting
- Strong technical background
- Self-motivated with excellent organization and time-management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience managing people and/or projects
- Experience in suspension CHO cell culture
- Experience in gene expression optimization, gene editing and/or ‘omics technologies
- Experience preparing regulatory submissions
- Demonstrated ability to work in a highly collaborative environment and adhere to timelines
- Flexibility and a willingness to expand skill set and responsibilities
- Experience in leadership roles
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community