Senior Research Associate - Pilot Plant Operator
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
The gene therapy development and manufacturing group in Sanofi is responsible for the design and optimization of viral vector manufacturing processes and platforms. A key function of this group is to establish operational excellence in the manufacturing of gene therapy materials and products, through the development and implementation of robust and safe manufacturing practices, capable of supporting program needs, that are aligned with Sanofi internal standards and evolving regulatory expectations
The manufacturing operations team is responsible for the safe and compliant execution of established manufacturing procedures to meet aggressive program deliverables. The team is responsible for “transfer-in” of manufacturing operations from development, as well as manufacturing of product to support internal program needs and external technology transfers for early and late stage clinical gene therapy products. The Senior Research Associate – Manufacturing technician will be responsible for executing upstream and downstream operations under control of established manufacturing procedures and cross training of junior staff as needed.
- Independently execute established procedures with accountability to accuracy and control of operational performance with a strong focus on aseptic technique, biological control, process safety and documentation practices
- Adherence to production schedules to ensure commitment to meet aggressive timelines and deliverables
- Collaborate with process development to identify areas of improvement and identify suitable solutions for improved process performance and control, as needed
- Support incoming and outgoing process transfers consistent with internal and external transfer procedures, working closely with customers and end users
- Independently, manage personal training schedules as per established procedures and other group policies supporting process control and safe operations
- Support process investigations to address process excursions or out of expectation results, identifying root cause and corrective action plans and monitoring for correction
- Provide self-awareness and real time analysis of operations to anticipate potential unexpected process outcomes, working collaboratively with team to resolve or find suitable solutions
- Perform process analyses, contribute to technical reports, protocols and internal/external presentations as needed
- Provide support on maintaining facility infrastructure and all process support activities
- Attendance at Gene Therapy Technical Operations at inter-departmental meetings and work streams as needed
- Stay updated on new, relevant technologies and published literature to drive innovation within the group
- Occasional weekend and holiday work to support ongoing lab activities
- BS in biology or a related discipline with 2+ years of relevant experience or a MS in a related discipline
- Knowledge and practical experience in either upstream or downstream manufacturing operations; including but not limited to adherent and suspension cell culture, cell count technologies, disposable bioreactors, depth filtration/clarification, chromatography/FPLC, and TFF technologies
- Practical experience in aseptic technique in a variety of cell line maintenance techniques and/or experience in downstream technology platforms including filtration and chromatography systems
- Relevant experience in troubleshooting process excursions, performing investigations and identifying appropriate solutions
- Experience with Gene Therapy manufacturing platforms including cell banking, viral banking and drug substance generation
- Experience and knowledge of working with risk group 2 infectious materials
- Experience performing process transfers, either to external third party vendors or internal transfers from outside parties is a plus
- Experience in technical writing preferred
- Self-directed and motivated individual and commitment to meet aggressive timelines
- Excellent organization and written skills, committed to internal documentation practices
- Ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously
- Able to work under moderate supervision and function within a collaborative/team oriented environment
- Assist fellow lab associates in providing a functional, safe working environment while maximizing laboratory efficiency
- Mentoring junior staff for training and understanding of process performance
- Ability to communicate and represent group in meetings
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community