Senior Associate Scientist, CNS Genetic Diseases
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
Sanofi’s Rare Disease and Neuroscience Research Therapeutic Area based in Framingham, MA is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Sr. Associate Scientist to investigate the underlying disease biology of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). The successful candidate will work with team members to use neural progenitor and induced pluripotent stems cells (iPSCs) to establish in vitro human glial and neuronal models of ALS. The successful candidate will use these models to identify and validate innovative therapeutic targets for the treatment of ALS.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Support the establishment and maintenance of human in vitro neuronal and glial based models of ALS
- Implementation of multiple state-of-the-art techniques in molecular biology, biochemistry, and microscopy
- Analyze, interpret, and present experimental results at lab meetings.
- Maintain accurate records of experiments and analyses.
- Maintain lucid and effective communication with manager and other colleagues.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus minimum 6 years of relevant research experience in an academic or biopharmaceutical setting OR Master’s Degree plus minimum 3 years of relevant research experience in an academic or biopharmaceutical setting OR PhD. No Post doc experience required.
- Ability to meet aggressive timelines and deliverables in a collaborative environment
- Excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Curiosity and a willingness to work independently
- All candidates must have authorization to work in the United States. No visa sponsorship will be provide
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community