Scientist – Medium & Bioprocess Technologies
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Position Overview/Department Description
We are seeking an experienced upstream bioprocess development professional to join Cell Culture Development (CCD) as part of Medium & Bioprocess Technologies (CCD-MBT) at the Framingham, MA site as a Scientist. CCD-MBT is globally responsible for providing solutions to process challenges through the development and application of platform cell culture media and innovative technologies throughout CCD. The candidate will be self-motivated and strongly driven to succeed while demonstrating the ability to function well within a fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative team-oriented environment. The candidate will also be inquisitive and innovative, exhibiting scientific curiosity and the ability to acquire new skills while expanding the knowledge base of the organization.
This individual will join a dynamic and motivated team charged with identifying process pain points and resolving the underlying problems, generating compelling data from relevant proof of concept studies, and designing novel process platforms in collaboration with Cell Culture Development colleagues. This is an exciting opportunity with the potential to have a significant impact on future process development and manufacturing strategies within the global Sanofi network.
- Design cell culture experiments using benchtop bioreactors, high throughput cell culture methods, and/or pilot scale single-use bioreactors
- Independently plan and conduct complex experiments on multiple projects and suggest improvements and solutions to address new problems as they occur
- Support development of in-house cell culture media for fed-batch and perfusion processes
- Promote mechanistic understanding of key factors and associated metabolic pathways relating to cell culture medium and process development
- Perform data analysis and prepare and review technical reports, SOPs, and internal presentations
- Develop, maintain and demonstrate knowledge of concepts, principles, and techniques in upstream bioprocess manufacturing
- Demonstrate insights on important new findings in published literature, prepare manuscripts for relevant bioprocess journals, and present to industry leaders at national/international conferences
- Foster effective communications between upstream bioprocess teams
- Ensure the highest standards of safety and environmental compliance are maintained in the workplace
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Cell Biology, Biochemistry or a related discipline or Master’s degree with a minimum of 4 years of relevant industry experience, or Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 6 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience in mammalian cell culture process development
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience with fed-batch and perfusion-based cell culture processes and bioreactor systems at various scales
- Knowledge of concepts and techniques for the development of high-performing CHO cell culture media and feeds
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE) methodology for process development and characterization and related process data analysis
- Understanding of high throughput cell culture systems and related automated liquid handling technologies
- Experience with hands-on operation and troubleshooting of LC-MS instruments
- Experience with MS-based metabolomic approaches and methods for targeted and untargeted analytics
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community