Scientist, Bioanalytics Characterization- Framingham/MA
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
Job Responsibilities/Department Description
The Bioanalytics Characterization group, part of Sanofi Biologics Development R&D, is a multi-disciplinary team that provides characterization support to programs from early to late stages of product development using state of the art analytical methods and tools. The primary responsibilities of this position will be to perform complex and detailed analyses of protein structure, functional attributes, post-translational modifications and biophysical properties.
Major Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with teams to design, perform and harmonize degradation pathway studies.
- Collaborate with team members and other groups on the design and performance of structure/ function studies for products in late stage development
- Perform IND enabling characterization studies including charge isoform and glycoform characterization studies
- Support functional testing for C5 Developability studies.
- Participate in the cross functional team discussions.
- Work with the automation team to develop automated methods and workflows for the characterization group.
- Candidates are required to have a Ph.D., or equivalent, in Biochemistry, Biology, or a relevant scientific field and 0-2 years of experience in a life science position.
- The candidate should have hands-on experience in HPLC, UPLC and mass spectrometry of proteins and experience with one or more for the following: isoelectric focusing, glycan analysis, MALS or high throughput analytical platforms.
- The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with good communication and troubleshooting skills, a strong work ethic, and who works well both independently and as part of a team.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community