Regional Category Manager
Framingham, Massachusetts, Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reporting to the NA Regional Procurement Head, the Regional Category Buyer will be based out of the Genzyme Framingham location and is responsible for managing specific projects (s) and/or critical activities related to the CAPEX Procurement function of North America / regional / country / local levels. This position is accountable for the management of critical activities for Strategic CAPEX projects as well as for the development and implementation of purchasing policies, sourcing strategies and processes. Position can be reassigned as required to Capex projects across the Region.
The Capex Procurement Category Manager, North America will perform the following activities:
- Lead and drive all procurement activities within the North American Region for medium and large CapEx projects throughout initiation, study phase, pre-project phase, detailed engineering and execution phase.
- Secure early involvement of procurement and take an active role in the budgeting estimation process as well as provide recommendation for project delivery models providing a holistic view of benefits or disadvantages.
- Actively participate within project team in a constructive manner to find the best solutions taking concepts such as Total Cost of Ownership and Landed cost into account as well as different constraints and requirements
- Provide detailed knowledge of the market and supplier alternatives to the projects and provide solid recommendations by utilizing the knowledge of the regional category management team.
- Propose different solutions and provide pros and cons of different alternatives and work with project team to identity risks and constraints and come up with mitigation plans.
- Lead negotiations for medium and large projects and set up project specific contracts with suppliers including with all relevant clauses, guarantees, etc.
- Work with supplier and project members to secure timely delivery of agreed services or products.
- Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders and business leader to develop procurement project strategies and procurement project plan.
- Manage the EPC(M) contractors on the procurement part where applicable.
- Assist defining the yearly action plan including: budget forecasting, mapping exercise, coverage and savings targets, standard costs, strategies for sourcing and business integration.
- Assist in the action plan review/validation with the global category management team.
- Lead supplier relationship management activities with strategic suppliers.
- Develop reports and highlights, activity dashboards and relevant KPIs to monitor and manage his/her activities.
- Support the global Capex Procurement Best Practices, and regional initiatives and functions in order to improve Sanofi corporate performance.
- Support NA cost savings targets and document accordingly.
- Support global initiatives and lead global or regional negotiations where appropriate.
- Ensure that all needs and key projects are identified and challenged for his/her perimeter of responsibilities.
- Manage all operational and functional activities related to his/her perimeter and/or assigned project(s).
- Develop the strategies for the management of team (s) and/or project (s) and/or critical purchasing activities.
- Lead and conduct RFP process with ad-hoc purchasing requirements and internal customer support.
- A B.S. (Engineering or Business programs) with a minimum of 7 years of previous purchasing or comparable business or technical experience is required.
- Mastery of Category Management and sourcing.
- Mastery of procurement tools and processes.
- Mastery in contract strategies and management, specifically of contracts for engineering consulting, construction, services and equipment purchases.
- Mastery in Business Analyticals
- Ability to read drawings, specifications and possess a fundamental understanding of the scope of work associated with capital engineered construction projects.
- Supplier Relationship Management skills and cross functional project Management skills in a team environment is required.
- Customer-focused and strong client relationship skills.
- Demonstrated management / team leadership skills.
- Working Knowledge of SAP, e-Shopping, and e-sourcing systems.
- Familiarity with Ethics/Policies.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- MBA is strongly preferred.
- Results-oriented and skilled in imagining new processes, innovation organizations and solutions.
- Proven track record of ability to influence decisions and enabling attainment of team objectives.
- Strong planning, problem-solving and responsive decision-making skills.
- Executive communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to cooperate and network across boundaries.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community