Process Engineer III
The Process Engineer III works in the Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) department supporting the biologics manufacturing network. MSAT is a partner of biologics manufacturing operations and is the custodian of Sanofi’s manufacturing processes. MSAT ensures manufacturing processes are capable, compliant, in control, cost effective, and continuously improved. This position supports the process lifecycle from late stage development through commercial manufacturing with expertise in process design, scale up, manufacturability, PAT, capacity analysis, and cost analysis. The ideal candidate will use process modeling, cost modeling, and process optimization techniques to support process and facility design, sourcing, debottlenecking, and continuous process improvement.
- Build/run process models, material balances, process flow diagrams (PFDs) to support design of new commercial scale manufacturing processes
- Work with operations personnel to understand manufacturing process flows, material balances, resource requirements, and scheduling constraints
- Perform detailed capacity analyses of manufacturing facilities to define plant capacity, identify bottlenecks, and build roadmaps to higher capacity utilization
- Develop business cases to support capital investments, process development decisions, process improvements
- Support the manufacturing capacity planning and scheduling efforts at the site and network level
- Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or equivalent.
- BS with 5+ years in industry, MS with 3+ years, or PhD with 0-2 years.
- Demonstrated understanding of large-scale biopharmaceutical unit operations in a manufacturing environment
- Experience building and using process models to simulate biotech manufacturing operations for process design, capacity analysis, cost analysis, debottlenecking, manufacturing planning & scheduling
- Experience with process modeling tools: discrete event simulation, mathematical optimization, Monte Carlo
- Experience reading and creating PFDs and P&IDs
- Experience with financial analysis tools to support business case development: ROI, NPV, Real Options, decision trees
- Understanding of cost-of-goods (COGs) and capital estimation techniques
- Ability to lead technical projects and small teams
- Ability to present technical data to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Good technical report writing skills
- Experience working in a regulated GMP manufacturing environment
Terms of Employment
The Process Engineer III is an individual contributor role with no direct reporting responsibilities, but the ideal candidate must be able to lead project teams independently. Standard business hours apply and routine travel is not expected.
Benefits of working in this role
- Sanofi is building a state of the art biologics manufacturing network based on continuous manufacturing and single-use technology.
- The ideal candidate will have the opportunity to support a wide range of manufacturing processes and facilities in Framingham, as well as other locations in North America and Europe.
- Cross-functional team leadership provides visibility and exposure to multiple areas in the organization including Manufacturing Operations, Process Development, Network Strategy, Finance, and Supply Chain
- Sanofi actively encourages internal career development growth opportunities. This position enables potential future advancement as a people manager or senior-level individual contributor in technical roles.
This position will be based in Framingham, MA. Occasional visits to other locations may be required.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community