Principal Research Engineer Upstream Process Development
Sanofi, a global healthcare leader, discovers, develops, and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients' needs. With 12 locations in Massachusetts, many located within close proximity to Boston, you'll have easy access to public transportation, popular restaurants, some of the best education, and most of all the history.
Good morning Sanofi
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
The Gene Therapy Process Development group in Sanofi is responsible for the design and optimization of viral vector manufacturing processes and platforms. This organization encompasses cell line engineering, upstream process development, downstream process development and platform innovation.
The upstream development sub group is responsible for the development and optimization of robust manufacturing cell culture processes for the production of early and late stage clinical gene therapy products. The Principal Research Engineer – Upstream Process Development will help support media development, scale-up/scale-out studies, tech transfer and cell culture optimizations.
- Independently develop, design and conduct cell culture experiments and evaluate new technologies to increase cell culture process understanding
- Perform data analyses, contribute to technical reports, protocols and internal/external presentations
- Represent upstream development at inter-departmental meetings and work streams
- Develop, maintain and demonstrate advanced knowledge of principals and techniques in cell culture areas and apply them to process intensification efforts
- Stay updated on new, relevant technologies and published literature to drive innovation within the group
- Mentor and support junior staff as needed
- Willingness to work in a Biosafety Level 2 environment
- Occasional weekend and holiday work to support ongoing lab activities
Education / Experience
- BS in biological engineering or related field and 3 to 5 years of relevant experience.
- Or MS in biological engineering and 1 to 3 years of relevant experience
Technical Skills / Competencies
- Significant experience with a variety of mammalian cell culture technologies and operations (gene therapy specific experience preferred)
- Experience with bioreactors at multiple scales
- Strong understanding of mammalian cell culture processes (thaw to production)
- Aseptic skills as demonstrated by experiences in a variety of cell line maintenance and development.
- Hands-on experience with Quality by Design – Design of Experiments (DoE’s) and how it can be applied to cell culture processes
- Expertise in technical report writing
- Experience in contributing to regulatory submissions preferred
- Able to work under minimal supervision and function within a collaborative/team oriented environment
- Excellent organization and written skills
- Innovative, critical and creative thinker, unafraid to propose aggressive solutions to complex problems
- Desire and willingness to mentor junior staff
- Ability to communicate and represent group in diverse, multi-functional meetings
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet