Postdoctoral Fellowship: Molecular & Cellular Microscopy
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
Postdoctoral Position in Molecular & Cellular Microscopy, Framingham, MA
Use of multi-specific antibody-based therapeutics for the treatment of immunology and oncology indications is an area of intense interest and active investigation within Sanofi R&D and the biopharmaceutical industry more generally, and characterizing the interaction between multi-targeting therapeutics and their cellular targets is essential to understanding the mechanism of action of such compounds. However, the question of whether individual therapeutic molecules can bind multiple targets on the same cell simultaneously through their different variable regions or whether target binding occurs through different populations of molecules (individual molecules can bind one target or the other, but not both at the same time) remains difficult to answer. To address this need, the Molecular and Cellular Microscopy group within Global Discovery Pathology is seeking a qualified individual to develop methods for evaluating direct interaction between multi-specific antibody/nanobody therapeutics and their targets in the context of intact cells using advanced optical microscopy as a primary readout.
- Evaluation of novel methods for fluorescently labeling cell surface targets which are compatible with binding of the corresponding multi-targeting therapeutic. Labeling approaches could include use of fluorescently labeled antibodies, nanobodies, or aptamers and may require generation of novel reagents such as fluorescent fusion proteins.
- Routine cell culture and application of standard molecular biological techniques
- Identified reagents and labeling methods will be used to explore the molecular interactions among the multi-targeting therapeutic and its cellular targets using techniques including live cell imaging, super resolution microscopy, image correlation spectroscopy, fluorescence lifetime imaging, and other advanced optical microscopy techniques as appropriate.
- Work independently with guidance from the PI and assistance from other group members.
- Present work at forums such as departmental meetings and post-doctoral poster presentations
- PhD in Cell and Molecular Biology or a related field and have 5 or more years of laboratory experience.
- The candidate must possess expertise in image analysis and have detailed knowledge of and experience with advanced optical microscopy techniques, including confocal microscopy.
- Familiarity with techniques for interrogating molecular interactions such as FLIM, FRET, and FCS is highly desirable.
- Experience with cell culture, immunofluorescence staining, SDS-PAGE, Western blotting, and general molecular biology techniques is also required.
- All candidates must have permanent US work authorization. No visa sponsorship will be provided.
- The successful candidate will be a self-motivated creative problem solver who enjoys a hands-on approach to tackling difficult questions and is willing to explore novel approaches.
- They will have good record keeping and time management skills and the ability to prioritize their daily activities to achieve agreed upon goals.
Terms of employment:
The duration of this postdoctoral position is 2 years, with a targeted start date of September 1st, 2020. Working hours are generally between 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday, but there may be rare exceptions when work after hours or on weekends is necessary due to experimental requirements. This position involves minimal travel.
What makes this position unique?
The candidate will work in a dynamic environment with a highly experienced and cross disciplinary team of cell biologists, histologists, and pathologists dedicated to treating human disease through the development of novel therapeutics. They will have the support of this extraordinary team and access to a state-of-the-art microscopy facility and all the technical capabilities and expertise which reside within Discovery Pathology and the larger Sanofi research organization. The candidate’s opportunity for success will be limited only by their drive, imagination, and dedication.
Benefits of working in this role:
- Access to state-of-the-art optical microscopy facility and opportunity to learn from an experienced team of cell biologists and microscopists.
- Successful completion of this project is expected to culminate in one or more peer-reviewed journal articles detailing the results.
- Exposure to the biopharmaceutical work environment and a springboard to a career in the biopharmaceutical industry with the opportunity to make a difference to patients’ lives.
The position is located in Framingham, MA. Candidates will need to provide their own transportation to the site.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community