Manufacturing Specialist- All Levels- Framingham, MA
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"One of the best things about Sanofi Genzyme is the consistently fun and dynamic work environment that I get to be a part of."Kristin Ouimet Regional Business Manager
"At Sanofi, We are guided by a deep appreciation and understanding of what it means to live with a rare blood disorder, and we learn by listening to the community – patients, caregivers physicians, and other healthcare professionals."Shannon Resetich US Head Rare Diseases & Blood Disorders
"Patients are at the center of all that we do at Sanofi. Our teams are focused on advancing transformational therapies that can address serious unmet needs for people living with rare blood disorders, and expanding global patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical Rare Blood Disorders
**The Framingham campus is hiring Manufacturing Specialists under levels II, III. The job description below encompasses all levels but the basic qualifications will indicate required years' of experience for each level**
**Strong technical writing skills, experience with deviations, CAPA's, and change control**
**Leads cross-functional teams including working with Engineering, Validation, QA, QC, Facilities, Metrology, and MSAT**
Who You Are
You are a flexible learner who can take on multiple aspects of Manufacturing Operations. You have the ability to work across the organization to influence the Manufacturing Cultural and ensure adherence to procedures and GMP processes. You excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment requiring problem solving and attention to detail. You enjoy working in a collaborative and supportive team setting.
Who We Are
Manufacturing Operations is responsible for supporting large scale mammalian cell culture and multi-stage chromatography as part of a 24/7 large scale therapeutic protein manufacturing facility. The Manufacturing Specialist Organization’s main functions are leading deviation investigations, managing CAPA and change implementation, partnering with direct manufacturing staff for improving manufacturing operations, overseeing and supporting manufacturing’s training program, and identifying and managing continuous improvement initiatives.
Where We Are
Our Framingham facility is located within a suburban community about 20 miles west of Boston in beautiful affordable Central Massachusetts with convenient highway access, free on-campus parking, and available shuttle service. Our campus complex currently incorporates thirteen buildings as part of our R&D and Manufacturing Operations. Sanofi recently completed a multi-year capital expansion with several buildings constructed using “green” technology and resources including the 8 New York Avenue location which was recently heralded as the International Society Process Engineers (ISPE) Factory of the Year.
Sanofi Genzyme focuses on developing specialty treatments for debilitating diseases that are often difficult to diagnose and treat, providing hope to patients and their families.
Genzyme Corporation (a Sanofi company) and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Position Overview with Key Responsibilities:
The Manufacturing Specialist II uses expert knowledge of compliance and GXP manufacturing processes to manage minor/complex investigations and improvement initiatives within biologics and/or biosurgery.
- Practices and promotes safe work habits and adheres to Genzyme's safety procedures and guidelines.
- Manages cross functional teams to drive complex investigation close outs, determine root cause and implement appropriate Corrective and Preventative Action.
- Utilizes manufacturing process knowledge and investigation skill sets to identify and resolve manufacturing issues, improve process operations and affect positive change.
- Conducts complex document revisions and/or document management including batch production records, manufacturing procedures, and cross functional procedures.
- Works with manufacturing managers and supervisors to develop and maintain training materials and curricula on process operations, theory, and compliance.
- Performs training with staff on the floor, as needed.
- Trains new Manufacturing Specialists.
- Leads cross-functional continuous improvement teams with Engineering, Validation, Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Facilities, Metrology, and Manufacturing Science and Technology.
- Works independently with minimal supervision and direction.
- Participates in determining objectives of assignment.
- Performs work that consistently requires independent decision making and the exercise of independent judgment and discretion.
- Effectively utilizes Microsoft office applications.
- Creates and presents trending and metrics reports.
- Provides direction to the Manufacturing Specialist in the absence of the operations manager.
* Key responsibilities may differ among employees with same job title and may change over time in accordance with business needs.
- High school diploma/GED or Biotech Certification with 7-10 years of experience--OR--Bachelor's Degree with 5-8 years of experience AND Minimum of 2 years experience with deviation/investigation management systems or a similar technical writing system (LEVEL III).
- High school diploma/GED or Biotech Certification with 5-7 years’ of experience in cGXP manufacturing environment--OR--Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years’ of experience (Level II)
- Demonstrated knowledge / understanding of biologics manufacturing.
- Knowledge and demonstrated understanding of GXP and how it applies to specific responsibilities and manufacturing operations.
- Excellent written and oral English language skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or Chemical Engineering.
- Ability to influence cross-functional decision making.
- Experience facilitating meetings.
- Experience authoring standard operating procedures, on-the-job-trainings, and other controlled documents.
- Familiarity with deviation and/or change management systems.
- Experience in troubleshooting, investigation, and root cause analysis in a GXP environment.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience with quality systems management.
Special Working Conditions:
- Ability to gown and gain entry to classified manufacturing areas
An ongoing commitment to conducting our global business according to the highest legal and ethical standards, and to continually pursue excellence in the development and delivery of all of our products and services. This includes:
Adhering to all applicable laws and regulations of the places in which we conduct business, as well as our own Company policies and procedures.
- Being honest and treating people with respect and courtesy.
- Constantly striving to make Genzyme a great place to work, and a company respected for the quality of its people and products.
- Acting as role models for our fellow employees by acting responsibly, fairly, and honestly in our dealings and exercising sound judgment in performing our jobs.
- Genzyme's leaders motivate, inspire, build, and retain highly effective manufacturing teams while managing for high performance and developing others. They are versatile learners and courageous decision makers.
Leading the Business:
- Genzyme's leaders are effective operating in an evolving, complex and dynamic environment, providing clear direction and instruction to direct reports, and continuously looking internally and externally for best practices and areas for improvement.
Delivering to Customers:
- Genzyme's leaders understand patient and customer needs and build relationships as required to meet manufacturing goals while continuously improving operations by setting high standards for the team so they may perform to a level of excellence.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community