Distinguished Scientist, Toxicology
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
Distinguished Scientist Toxicology, Preclinical Safety Projects
Job Overview and Responsibilities:
This position will provide the department of Preclinical Safety a wide range of scientific expertise associated with Toxicology and Safety Pharmacology needs on Discovery and Development Project Teams of Sanofi Group. This position would provide toxicology scientific expertise across the drug discovery and development value chain on biotherapeutics and small molecules. Activities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as Preclinical Safety project team representative on multi-disciplinary Discovery and Development teams responsible for the progression of both biotherapeutics and small molecule compounds for regulatory submissions. These activities include designing and coordinating a multi-disciplinary effort to support such projects through the development of the nonclinical safety strategy and program which includes, but is not limited to attending various project team meetings; the design and interpretation of toxicity studies; the preparation and/or review of written safety pharmacology and toxicology reports; and the authoring of the nonclinical document sections for regulatory submissions (including CIBs INDs, MAAs, CTAs, CTDs and BLAs)
- Interact with multiple functions (Pharmacology, Regulatory Affairs, Clinical, Project Leaders & Managers, etc.) on a daily basis
- Participate in issue-resolution teams, where she/he will be required to contribute to hypotheses generation and drive the science for toxicology issue resolution in drug discovery and development.
- Participate in Preclinical safety-US and global Preclinical safety Department activities (staff meeting, scientific forums, etc.), and special projects
- Participate in special projects or inter-industry working groups, as needed. Provide scientific input on design and analysis of research activities
- Serve as internal expert for scientific issues related to nonclinical safety issues
- Ensure high scientific standards and adhering to requested timelines in all aspects of the position
- PhD in toxicology, pharmacology, immunology or related disciplines and two years of post-doctoral experience
- A minimum of12 years of relevant industry experience
- Knowledgeable about GLP policies and/or regulatory nonclinical testing requirements for pharmaceutical development of biotherapeutics and small molecules
- Preparation of regulatory documents for submission to health authorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate leadership and expertise in preclinical safety disciplines
- The candidate should have knowledge in biochemistry, toxicology, pharmacology, Immunology, physiology, and statistics.
- DABT certification is preferred, but not required.
- Experience as a GLP Study Director is preferred.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Preclinical project in the US
This position is based in Framingham, but will be moving to Cambridge MA by 2022
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community