Distinguished Scientist/ Group Head
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Group Head, Distinguished Scientist, Neuro and Neuromuscular Research, Genomics Medicine Unit
We are seeking a Group Head, Distinguished Scientist, reporting directly to the Global Head of GMU, to join the newly created Genomics Medicine Unit and play a leadership role in establishing and executing the strategy to bring to the clinic therapies for neurologic and neuromuscular diseases.
Specifically, the remit of the candidate will be to:
- Lead the development of gene therapy strategies and manage research programs in genetic neurologic and neuromuscular disorders.
- Responsible for applying scientific expertise and judgement to initiate, design, direct and execute preclinical study experiments and/or studies in support of research and/or development project goals in a time sensitive manner.
- Act as an impactful contributor and leader of project teams and transverse and cross-functional initiatives.
- Work across R&D organization to test and advance innovative processes, hypotheses and methodologies; encourages curiosity and challenges the status quo in order to foster innovation.
- Enable productivity, execution with a sense of urgency, teamwork, accountability, scientific rigor and excellence.
- Foster a culture of employee growth and development
- Leading-edge knowledge of principles, concepts and practices in AAV gene therapy required; experience of translating treatments to the clinic is preferred.
- PhD plus minimum 5 years of relevant research experience in an academic or biopharmaceutical setting demonstrating continuous growth in depth and breadth of knowledge (Neurobiology background is preferred)
- Applies technical, functional and industry knowledge to design and execute projects that shape the strategic direction of the group.
- Hands-on manager and experienced leader that exercises foresight and judgement in planning, organizing and guiding complex projects. Track record of successfully applying high- level scientific judgement in a variety of complex and unprecedented situations.
- Flexibility to rapidly changing priorities and deadlines and ability to lead others through change in a dynamic, fast paced industry and work environment.
- Recognized as an outstanding scientist and subject matter expert / innovator in the field. Outstanding track record of scientific publications, presentations, patents, projects as a leading contributor or senior author. Excellent track record of project impact as a key contributor.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills: impactful oral and written communication.
- Experience in preparing high quality documents including technical reports, presentations, SOPs, experimental protocols and regulatory filings.
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the USA.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community