Cell Line Development Scientist- Framingham/MA
This is where ideas are pioneered and innovation takes shape. Where being a health journey partner takes shape — and where you can help bring ideas to life. Research & Development is the heart of our business. The clinical research, clinical development and clinical trials that are essential to new product development all happen here. Preclinical drug safety is rigorously tested and our program management teams ensure everything stays on track. Together, our R&D team ensures that our pipeline is protected and productive — and that the early stages of development run smoothly and effectively. Come be part of this journey.
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"I give thanks to my powerhouse team for reminding me that I have a support system behind me, pushing me forward."Bob Shustack Head of Global Support Functions Finance, North America
Cell Line Development Scientist
The Sanofi Cell Line Development group is seeking a highly motivated full-time employee to support research and pre-clinical development programs within Sanofi Biologics R&D. Our portfolio includes antibodies, enzymes, fusion proteins and other protein biologics spanning from preclinical to commercialization. Our environment is team-oriented, fast-paced and challenging. The successful candidate will be an outward facing cell-line development leader.
Position Overview and Key Responsibilities
- Expression vector construction and plasmid preparation
- Generation and evaluation of recombinant CHO cell lines for pre-clinical development programs
- Production and characterization of small-scale cell banks
- Genetic characterization of production cell lines
- Design studies to help improve speed of cell line development and implement improvements to existing platform technologies
- Manage work assignments, analyze and interpret test results, and conduct necessary troubleshooting
- Oversight of and coordination with external partners, such as contract research organizations
- Opportunities for leadership within global project teams and working groups
- Flexibility in a fast-paced, goal-oriented environment; ability to work as part of a team and adhere to timelines
- Excellent communication and critical thinking skills with the ability to prepare reports, presentations, and data sets to effectively communicate results, progress and plans
- PhD in Molecular or Cell Biology, Biochemistry or related discipline with at least one year of relevant experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in CHO cell culture.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience in molecular biology that includes vector construction and design
- Experience in suspension culture of CHO cell lines, cryopreservation, and thaw of mammalian cell lines in a pharmaceutical or biotechnology setting
- Experience in cell line development, clone isolation and characterization
- Experience in cellular performance characterization, including titer (Cedex, Octet), growth, metabolism assays, and flow cytometry
- Experience in the interpretation of protein analytics, including glycoform, purity aggregation, and charge variant analysis
- Proficiency in FloJo, SnapGene, JMP, Prizm
- Experience working with Contract Research Organizations
- Must be organized, efficient and able to work according to timelines to meet project goals
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in LEAN and related principles of operational excellence
- Experience leading project teams and mentoring junior staff
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community