Regional Sales Director, Hematology/Oncology – The Heartland
Evansville, Indiana, Louisville, Kentucky, Wichita, Kansas, Bloomington, Indiana, Kansas City, Missouri
Sanofi-Genzyme’s Regional Sales Director will report directly to the Zone Sales Director and will be responsible for optimizing business performance for the Sarclisa and Elitek Sales Professionals. He/she is expected to possess a high level of product, clinical and customer knowledge, be familiar with protocols and procedures, and possess an entrepreneurial drive and spirit to lead their teams in expanding, growing and owning their business.
The Oncology/Transplant franchise is a patient centric organization responsible for delivering the highest quality education and service regarding disease and treatment. The goal of the franchise is to penetrate existing and new markets to meet business goals by educating physicians and healthcare professionals on a portfolio of products while upholding the Company's mission and values.
In this field-based position, you will be responsible for successfully hiring, leading and managing a team of Hematology/Oncology Sales Professionals to maintain and grow a designated geographical region. Within the region, you will be called upon to lead and motivate your team to execute a national sales strategy, support key initiatives, develop and execute on regional plans and monitor performance.
The Zones are split by East and West.
- Pull through the commercial strategy that will enable Sanofi Genzyme to meet our overarching objectives
- Develop and execute strategic plans to drive disease awareness and sales performance in hematology and multiple myeloma market. Moreover, ensure the education of clinicians to facilitate early diagnosis and comprehensive care for patients.
- Coordinate all business activities and drive results within geographic area of responsibility. Ensure effective execution of Sanofi Genzyme strategies and tactics within assigned geographic area.
- Develop effective business plans to execute selling strategies that are consistent with corporate brand and marketing plans and are tailored to geography and customer context
- Coordinate closely with cross functional leaders to foster teamwork, unity and a high level of customer service and education. This coordination includes but is not limited to Sales, Sales Support, Managed Markets, Medical Affairs and Patient Services.
- Develop expertise in relevant CRM tools. Ensure the compliant utilization of CRM tools by sales team and hold accountable for effective use.
- Leverage expertise in clinical data, disease education, diagnostics, product information, selling skills and market trends to drive team performance.
- Recruit, hire, coordinate training and ensure engagement of a sales team consisting of Hematology/Oncology Sales Professionals.
- Manage the performance of the team by providing individual constructive feedback and coaching. Set clear direction, communicate, train, guide, inspire and hold accountable sales personnel in order to maximize sales and team performance. Visit customers with field sales personnel to ascertain sales effectiveness.
- Provide developmental assignments to individuals to improve organizational capabilities and develop future leaders
- Provide key market insights and field feedback to marketing and leadership teams
- Review and analyze data/systems/procedures to support idea generation and implementation of strategic and tactical objectives
- Apply a high degree of business acumen and utilize analytics to assess regional performance and potential.
- Organize and execute effective POA meetings
- Manage and adhere to all company policies and Legal and Regulatory guidelines.
- Uphold and exemplify Sanofi Genzyme's core values.
- BS in a life sciences or related field; MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years people and industry leadership experience within hematology /oncology strongly preferred
- Strong leadership skills required, including strong record of hiring, developing and retaining personnel while delivering agreed revenue targets.
- Must be a seasoned sales executive and proven leader with sophisticated sales management skills and a solid track record of accomplishment. Experience in both major pharmaceutical and in biotech companies is a plus.
- Experience in selling an oncologic product and experience in the “buy and bill” reimbursement area is strongly preferred.
- Must have strong collaboration skills and experience working in a fast paced, execution focused environment.
- Must have excellent leadership and interpersonal skills; should be an effective team player who can rapidly gain credibility and confidence within the company, with customers, and with key experts in the field; a polished professional presence is essential.
- The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills and will be capable of articulating the Company’s strategies and how they relate to our core values.
- The candidate must have the ability and strong personal accountability toward execution, have a results-oriented work ethic, a positive, can-do attitude, and a proven ability to attract and retain high caliber sales personnel.
- Ability to participate in and lead cross-functional teams and to achieve results through cooperation with other commercial functions
- Experience in coordinating patient and provider support services such as specialty pharmacy, reimbursement services, nursing services, specialty distributor, etc.
- MBA or MS degree in business/clinical/science is a plus
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community