Rare Diagnostic Account Director - Western Region
Denver, Colorado, Anchorage, Alaska, Seattle, Washington, Los Angeles, California, Boise, Idaho, Santa Fe, New Mexico, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Honolulu, Hawaii, San Francisco, California, San Diego, California, Phoenix, Arizona, Billings, Montana, Salt Lake City, Utah, Cheyenne, Wyoming, Salem, Oregon, Sacramento, California,
Sanofi, in the U.S. and Canada, strives to create a diverse and inclusive work environment that empowers employees to drive their careers and be successful. The talent we look for will contribute to the organization in innovative, insightful, and creative ways in order to strengthen our dynamic culture and drive us collectively to make a difference in the lives of patients.
Good morning Sanofi
How are you?
HEALTH AND WELLNESS PROGRAMS
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Employer matching because Sanofi invests in their employees!
Sanofi is eager to further your development and expertise in an ever challenging environment.
Sanofi understands the importance of family. We offer a variety of support including maternity/paternity leave.
PAID TIME OFF
Enjoy 3 weeks’ vacation and paid holidays, including company shutdown at the end of every year!
Importance of life outside of the office is valued at Sanofi.
Job Description – Rare Diagnostic Informatics Director
Sanofi Genzyme is focused to improving the lives and clinical outcomes of patients with treatable Lysosomal Storage Disorders (LSDs). The first step toward realizing this goal is helping patients achieve an accurate diagnosis. Although individually rare, the LSDs as a group have a frequency of about 1/8,000 live births, making this disease group a major challenge for the health care system. Diagnosis is complicated, as these disorders have a broad spectrum of clinical phenotypes; furthermore, within a single disorder there is often significant variations regarding the age of onset, severity of symptoms, and central nervous system involvement. Despite this heterogeneity in clinical manifestations within and between LSDs, these diseases share the common feature of significant multi-organ system morbidity and reduced life expectancy.
Clinicians find the differential diagnosis/symptom recognition of LSDs a challenge, as little is taught regarding these diseases in medical school. There is a wide spectrum of presentations and symptoms, many of which overlap with other more common diseases. Thus, misdiagnosis is common, and there is a very long gap between onset of symptoms and diagnosis, often between 10-15 years. Additionally, the genetic testing landscape is rapidly evolving with variability in reimbursement that is often times confusing to HCPs outside of the genetics space.
The primary goal of the Rare Diagnostic Informatics Director is generating and implementing a systematic approach to patient diagnosis by leveraging informatics and shortening the diagnostic journey for patients with rare disease. They will propose, recommend, and assist in implementing disease specific diagnostic approaches to clinicians by leveraging electronic health data.
Major Responsibilities of the role:
Assist Healthcare Systems and Institutions on advancements of using health informatics to shorten the diagnosis of rare disease
- Meets with clinicians and other HCP’s within their geography and educates them on how to leverage Electronic Health Record (EHR) data in diagnosing patients
- When needed, engages C-Suite level (Chief Information Officer and/or Chief Medical Officer) to overcome challenges health systems are having in using health informatics for diagnosis
- Provides resources that help HCPs use their EHR to optimize rare disease diagnosis
Facilitates the development of organizational processes that will improve the efficiency of diagnosing rare disease patients
- Identifies, assesses, and implements resources that will help HCPs accelerate rare disease diagnosis
- Facilitates all developed resources through the medical review process
- Continually monitors the healthcare landscape to gather insights for easing the diagnostic journey
- Creates operational processes to effectively execute projects
- Ensures that all internal procedures are compliant with all internal policies and/or applicable regulations
Improve organizational intellect as it pertains to health informatics and how health information technology can be used to improve diagnosis
- Versed in EHR execution and practitioner use and how it relates to rare disease
- Continually researches the capabilities and actionable impact EHR , big data, precision analytics, and population health companies have on the rare disease diagnosis
- Educates internal stakeholders on EHR and other advancements to accelerate rare disease diagnosis
- Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Clinical Informatics, Bioinformatics, Business Administration, Life Sciences or equivalent in relevant field
- Minimum 8 years relevant experience
- Efficient and effective time management skills and the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to communicate and collaborate cross-functionally
- Familiarity with diagnostic labs and their operation
- Experience in IT implementation and project management specific to healthcare, preferably functional experience with EHR
- Previous experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of healthcare institutions and/or systems
- Understands major trends in healthcare and familiar with point of care products and health informatics trends and tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of vocabulary standards and applications used by clinicians and technologists relative to medical diagnostics
Ability to travel up to 60 % as this position will cover a large geography in the Western states.
Sanofi is dedicated to supporting people through their health challenges. We are a global biopharmaceutical company focused on human health. We prevent illness with vaccines, provide innovative treatments to fight pain and ease suffering. We stand by the few who suffer from rare diseases and the millions with long-term chronic conditions.
With more than 100,000 people in 100 countries, Sanofi is transforming scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the globe.
Sanofi, Empowering Life
Jobs for you
Your jobsSaved Jobs Recent Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet
You have not viewed any jobs yet