Associate Director, Patient Education (West), Rare Blood Disorders
Denver, Colorado, San Francisco, California, Phoenix, Arizona, Chicago, Illinois, Los Angeles, California, Houston, Texas, Dallas, Texas
Sanofi Genzyme and our commitment to Rare Blood Disorders:
Sanofi Genzyme, the specialty care business unit of Sanofi, focuses on rare diseases, rare blood disorders, multiple sclerosis, oncology, and immunology. We help people with debilitating and complex conditions that are often difficult to diagnose and treat. Our approach is shaped by our experience developing highly specialized treatments and forging close relationships with physician and patient communities. We are dedicated to discovering and advancing new therapies, providing hope to patients and their families around the world. Learn more at www.sanofigenzyme.com.
The Rare Blood Disorder franchise is a patient centric organization responsible for delivering the highest quality education and service regarding disease and treatment. We are passionate about supporting our communities and patients.
What makes this position exciting?
Do you love working with patients, infusion sites and coaching a great team? We are seeking a leader to inspire, coach and develop a team of highly experienced regional field-based Patient Education Managers (PEMs) to provide education and support to patients, caregivers and infusion sites. This person will be an active leader on our leadership team to build best-in-class services to support the bleeding disorders community and support up-coming launches.
This role within Rare Blood Disorders (RBD) Patient Services:
You will inspire, coach and develop a team of regional field-based Patient Education Managers (PEMs) to provide branded and unbranded education and support to patients and infusion sites for launch products:
1. Be an active leader on the RBD Patient Services Leadership team to build best-in-class services to support the bleeding disorders community:
- As part of the launch team, you will help to develop patient education materials, internal business processes and collaboration models to ensure launch readiness and success
- Provides field insights into the creation of new strategies and tactics. Represents the patient’s voice to the home office
- Ensures close cross-functional collaboration with Case Managers, Marketing, Medical, Sales and Market Access as appropriate to ensure consistent integrated implementation of strategies and tactics
- Identifies opportunities to further our mission and leads through change
2. As a leader on the launch team, you will hire amazing team members who are passionate about helping patients, and develop business processes and training to support our patient education model:
- Hires the best talent and provide on-going coaching and support to PEMs
- Supports on-going team development by providing field and virtual coaching. Supports personal development plans and identify team training needs. Enables development opportunities for direct reports. Conducts timely reviews and provides on-going feedback
- Accountable for regional goals. Oversees the development of territory engagement plans to support patient needs. Ensures monthly tracking to goals. Evaluates local trends
3. You will ensure full compliance with all corporate and industry policies and legal and regulatory requirements, for all field activities
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies / Language:
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, coach and develop direct reports to achieve results
- Experience with engaging patients and caregivers with rare/chronic conditions
- Superior organizational and time-management skills to balance customer facing responsibilities with management responsibilities
- Proven ability to partner cross-functionally
- Prior launch experience preferred
- Language requirements : English required and Spanish preferred
- BA/BS Degree is required, a nursing or clinical background is preferred; an advanced degree is a plus
- Previous commercial and/or clinical experience (hospital or home health) with IV infusions is required
- Previous 3-5 years manager experience preferred
Requirements of the job:
- This position requires frequent travel within the region, including nights and weekends (50-80%)
- He/she must live in the West region due to travel requirements.
Required to reside in one of below:
- Denver, CO
- Phoenix, AZ
- Dallas, TX
- Houston, TX
- Chicago, IL
- Los Angeles, CA
- San Francisco, CA
Genzyme Corporation (a Sanofi company) and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community