Regional Business Director, Respiratory - Carolinas
Columbia, South Carolina, Charlotte, North Carolina
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Sanofi Genzyme has pioneered the development and delivery of transformative therapies for patients affected by rare and debilitating diseases for over 30 years. We accomplish our goals through world-class research, collaboration with the global patient community, and with the compassion and commitment of our employees. With a focus on rare diseases, oncology, immunology and multiple sclerosis, we are dedicated to making a positive impact on the lives of the patients and families we serve. Sanofi Genzyme's portfolio of transformative therapies, which are marketed in countries around the world, represent groundbreaking and life-saving advances in medicine.
Sanofi, an integrated global healthcare leader, discovers, develops and distributes therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in the field of healthcare with seven growth platforms: diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, and emerging markets.
Regional Business Director, Respiratory
In this field based, Regional Business Director role, you will be responsible for successfully leading between 8 to 12-person sales team, promoting Dupixent in atopic dermatitis, asthma, and CRSwNP. Within a highly competitive marketplace, you will be called upon to successfully lead and motivate your team to execute the national sales strategy, supporting the initiatives set forth in the launch plan.
- Coach, train, develop, and lead an accomplished team of Specialty Sales Representatives (Area Business Managers).
- Responsible for the oversight of all aspects of sales, managed markets pull through, local speaker/thought leader development, promotional programming, and budget management for your region.
- Develop regional business plans based on national sales goals, expectations and available resources, including Regional and Territory strategies and tactics, as well as resource allocation.
- Be an expert in the clinical data, which affects current product promotion, disease state and market trends.
- Spend the majority of your time in the field with Specialty Sales Representatives in order to support individual development, as well as provide coaching, direction and feedback.
- Establish positive working relationships with all key customer segments (internal and external).
- Communicate and collaborate with other Regional Business Directors, brand marketing, thought leader liaisons, payer marketing, field access teams, managed markets field teams, medical affairs and field teams, senior management and all other departments necessary in order to facilitate achievement of sales objectives
- Partner and collaborate with Regeneron co-promote partner.
- ~60% travel
- BA/BS Degree Required, preferably in life science or business. MBA a plus.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry
- 5-7+ years pharmaceutical/biotech sales experience, including specialty sales, with demonstrated successful sales results
- Minimum of 3-5 years Field Management experience or equivalent leadership experience, with documented sales achievements, strongly preferred
- Ability to travel to meetings/trainings/programs as necessary - additional travel may be required within the assigned territory
- Valid driver's license
- Must reside within the geographic area of the assigned territory.
- Asthma, Respiratory, Dermatology, and/or biologics experience strongly preferred
- Strong collaboration and/or co-promote experience strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of the reimbursement landscape and expertise with Managed Markets pull-through highly desirable
- Sales launch experience strongly preferred
- Demonstrated Leadership Experience
- Excellent clinical skills and knowledge
- Team Oriented
- Excellent general business manager
- Creative problem solver.
- Solution oriented
Genzyme Corporation (a Sanofi company) and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community