Strategic Account Manager - Milwaukee, WI/ Chicago, IL
Chicago, Illinois, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
Strategic Account Manager
A Strategic Account Manager (SAM) develops strategic partnerships focused on diabetes with his/her customers to understand and anticipate business needs and support customer goals through commercial offers, advocacy, quality, and other customer segment/brand strategic initiatives. The SAM is responsible for achieving/exceeding sales and marketing objectives across large organized customers groups (e.g. Integrated Health/Delivery Networks, Key Employers, associations and other professional organizations). This position requires proactive utilization of business analytics, marketing insights, and customer knowledge and observations to provide insights and support solution development to increase and drive incremental sales volume. A SAM will be responsible for acquiring and maintaining expertise in brand/segment strategy and tactics, product knowledge, contracting and pricing platforms, market insights, and executing the Sanofi selling model.
- Achieve financial/volume/share goals within assigned segments (e.g. Integrated Health/Delivery Networks, Employers, etc.)
- Achieve marketing and sales objectives and key performance indicators for assigned customer segments.
- Effectively implement advocacy, value-based initiatives, and other segment strategies/tactics in support of achieving sales goals.
Customer Knowledge & Market Insights
- Effectively engage, navigate and influence complex customers through the identification of interdependencies across multiple functions and departments, including relationships/affiliations with external partners.
- Understand, document and continuously evaluate the decision-making process (internal influence model) for large organized customers and key contacts within assigned segments and account targets.
- Understand, document and continuously evaluate external market influencers and trends within assigned geography (e.g. legislation, payers, key opinion leaders, professional organizations, channel partners, group purchasing organizations and other large influential stakeholders)
- Apply customer knowledge and market insights to Sanofi selling model.
Sales Execution and Implementation
- Execute sales model utilizing a highly tailored and customer-centric strategy during interactions with high-value organized customers.
- Acquire and apply expertise in brand/segment strategy and tactics, product knowledge, contracting and pricing platforms to gain/maintain customer agreement for product, services and solutions.
- Promote unique value propositions and commercial offerings.
Business Analytics and Sales/Territory Planning
- Effectively utilize internal/external customer and market data sources (e.g. DDD, direct/indirect sales, contract performance) to identify quantitative trends, create insights to drive sales, develop sales forecasts, and proactively communicate outputs.
- Assess customer practices and progression towards achievement of brand and segment strategies.
- Develop and maintain territory forecasting models/business plans that are aligned with brand, segment and customer goals.
- Create efficient and effective territory plans for assigned customers and key contact types while consistently meeting customer engagement goals.
- Execute sales operational duties to support selling process (e.g. business case development, contract performance management, membership management, recording call activity)
Collaboration and Communication
- Lead/support collaborative selling model through proactive communication, action plan oversight, clarity of direction, account targeting initiatives/selection and sharing of customer and market insights to inform field sales and members of Marketing and Commercial Operations.
- Collaborate effectively with peers, stakeholders, and business partners across the organization to positively impact business results (e.g. brand and customer marketing, market access, medical, sales, etc.)
- Proactive and routine communication of customer and market observations (written/verbal) in line with all corporate guidelines
- BA/BS required with an advanced degree preferred: MA/MS/MBA
- Total related experience – 5+ years
In depth knowledge in the following areas
- Business Planning; Negotiation Skills; Building Relationships; Dealing with all levels in a complex organization/organized customer group; Time Management and Presentation Skills
The successful candidate will have knowledge/skills in the following areas
- Strong Understanding and Experience in Healthcare Delivery, Organized Customer Groups, The Patient Journey and US Market Access
- Diabetes Disease State/Product Knowledge
- Strong Knowledge of Healthcare/Pharma Industry
- Complex Customer Selling
- Strategic Thinking, Acting & Selling
- Project Management Skills
- Business Communication Skills
- Sense of Urgency and Networking
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community