National Account Manager, Walgreens
Sanofi CHC, a leading manufacturer and marketer of healthcare (OTC), personal care, and skin care products is searching for a career minded, energetic, and organized sales professional to join our team as a National Account Manager. Sanofi CHC’s extensive portfolio of brands include Allegra, Nasacort, Xyzal, Icy Hot, Zantac, ACT, Gold Bond and Selsun Blue.
Sanofi CHC is a global business unit of Sanofi, a multinational pharmaceutical company based in Paris, France.
Working in conjunction with the Walgreens National Account Director, the National Account Manager is forward thinking and provides critical analytical, forecasting, selling, administrative and follow-up support for various categories and Sanofi brands on the Walgreens team. This position will require high interaction with Walgreens National Sales Managers, Walgreens National Account Associates, and other personnel in strategic discussions including, Selling, Trade Management, Promotional planning and Plan-O-Gram room negotiations. This is a highly collaborative role, with continuous communication requirements across Sanofi’s Walgreens Team, Walgreens, and Sanofi Internal Teams. Overall management of specifically assigned Categories, Sanofi brands will also be required. Understanding the role of the competitive environment, maintaining awareness of competitive conditions, and reporting them promptly to management is also required.
Role Specific Responsibilities
- Building brand equity and increasing the sales volume of brands assigned
- Achieve assigned sales quotas Develop and achieve new item distribution, merchandising and promotional objectives
- Provide analytical support for the assigned brands utilizing account-level data, national level data, Panel data, and consumer insight data. This includes but not limited to; planning, promotional evaluation, business reviews
- Manage Sanofi’s merchandising objectives through proper plan o gram placement
- Manage and invest the assigned special events budget in accordance with company policy
- Maintain accuracy and checks on special event spending, redemptions, and evaluating spending, changes needed on monthly basis
- Create, manage and update custom reports as needed
- Authorize and manage damages, return goods and assist in deduction management in accordance with company policy
- Provide administrative support as directed
- To comply with all company policies, instructions, and directions for the fulfillment of company objectives and to maximize profits from sales
- To be alert to competitive products and merchandising practices; keeping management informed concerning them
- To prepare bi-monthly sales reports and expense reports as required
- To prepare and submit any special reports, acceptance of products, or competitive conditions, as may be requested by management
This description is representative but not inclusive of all position responsibilities. Associate may be asked from time to time to complete tasks not listed within the contents of this document, but that are relative to the goals of the business.
Education: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college required with a focus in business preferred.
Experience: 3–5 years proven sales experienced in a related position with direct account responsibility. National Account Experience is required/Walgreens experience is preferred.
Professional Skills: 3+ years experience utilizing Nielsen or IRI syndicated data; excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to analyze and evaluate several sources of data to develop actionable insights.
Role Specific Competencies: This position requires extensive use of computer equipment. Must have a demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft business software to include Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook. Proficiency with Nielsen or IRI programs is required. This position requires the ability to travel and have overnight stays.
Special Requirements:Position is located within driving distance of Walgreens headquarters in Chicago, IL. Overnight travel is required.
Americans with Disabilities Act:
The company recognizes its responsibility to ensure that all qualified candidates (defined as individuals who can perform all essential job functions), are considered equally for employment and is prepared to make reasonable accommodations to ensure that disabled employees or candidates are not disadvantaged in the candidate selection process.
Civil Rights Act of 1964 Title VII:
The company recognizes its responsibility to ensure that all qualified candidates receive equal employment opportunity in the role regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or national origin.
Fair Labor Standards Act (as amended in 2004):
This role has been classified as exempt from consideration under current FLSA overtime requirements.
Relocation assistance is provided.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community