US Medical Director - Cambridge/MA
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
- Determine/refine the US Cold Agglutinin Disease (CAD) Medical Affairs strategy and create the vision of excellence in Medical Affairs for the future.
- Proactively create the “road map” for execution.
- Serve as the internal expert for CAD and Sutimlimab and supports the field-based U.S. medical affairs team
- Develops strategies for and implements national medical advisory boards
- Support execution of the strategic US investigator-sponsored study program
- Develops the CAD and Sutimlimab specific U.S. scientific communication and publication strategies
- Develop systems, processes and standards to ensure the creation and effective operation of the new Medical Affairs function.
- Support pricing and reimbursement efforts in alignment with Medical Managed Care and Market Access lead.
- Work closely and guide the Medial Review and Promotional Review Committees and ensure accuracy of content for all promotional materials and provide appropriate training support to the Sales force.
- Support the implementation of the Global Publication Plan, with key focus in driving the strategy and implementation in US, ensuring an efficient and effective communication of the available Sutimlimab data.
- While ensuring the highest standard of compliance is maintained, help the team integrate and gain a greater understanding of the needs of the business, and deliver on goals to create tangible value.
- Work closely with R&D and Commercial to support pre- and post-launch activities. ensure accuracy of content for all promotional materials and provide appropriate training support to the Sales force.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a wide array of external stakeholders, including relevant advocacy groups, KOLs and advisory Board members and others in the clinical and scientific community, plus where appropriate, key decision makers in Payer organizations, etc.
- Contribute to the clinical strategy, and execute all Phase IIIb and IV clinical programs and any other late-phase research activities (i.e., registries).
- Help in attracting key talent to the organization, which may be outside Medical Affairs.
- Work seamlessly with the Corporate Development function to advise on pipeline optimization and scientific evaluation of business development opportunities.
- Ensure full compliance with all corporate and industry policies and legal and regulatory requirements, for all medical affairs activities
- Approximately 20% travel is expected
- MD, PharmD or PhD preferred and a solid track record of achievement in Medical Affairs in the biotech/pharma industry.
- Ideally have worked in the field of orphan diseases; Hematology experience would be advantageous.
- Experience in clinical trial design, especially phase III-IV
- Be equipped to evaluate the pipeline of potential business development opportunities.
- Demonstrated successful partnership with Commercial organization, developed KOL programs and relationships, offered field training, patient outreach programs and the like.
- History of success in operating in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Be hands-on and accountable.
- Possess outstanding communication and influencing skills, able to work in a multi-cultural environment, and represent the company with utmost professionalism in a wide array of forums.
- Be a critical thinker, able to share fact-based opinions without ego.
- Able to make complex science understandable for a non-scientific audience.
- Have solid business acumen, may have spent time in a commercial role.
- Results-oriented, can embrace a fast-paced “can do” culture.
- Have scope for personal growth and development.
- MD, PharmD or PhD
- MBA would be a plus.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community