Sr. Director, V&A Oncology & Transplant
This role is responsible for the overall market access strategy for the Oncology and Transplant franchises. This role is instrumental in overseeing and leading the development and implementation of each value proposition, strategy and integration of pricing and contracting approach across payer channels and ensuring customer facing teams are appropriately trained on current strategies for Oncology/Transplant franchises. The role will require leadership to work cross functionally to manage the performance of the payer channels, including accountability for tracking and improving targeted account performance, key account prioritization, and development of marketing strategies and tactics that will optimize business. Work closely with all groups within US Market Access to ensure the goal of profitable access.
- Responsible for strategy and business plan inputs related to key franchises as they relate to all channels to ensure optimal performance and access
- Participate with brands and provide input into brand strategy development for Oncology/Transplant products, serving as expert for the payer, distributor and channel perspective and ensuring economic considerations are incorporated
- Responsible for strategy development for both pharmacy and medical benefit products
- Lead development and ensure alignment of all pricing / contracting strategies, tactics and initiatives to maximize profitability goals and add value to the organization
- Partner with HEVA to guide evidence generation plans and ensure health economic activities are in place to meet the needs of payers while demonstrating value of our brands
- Develop and communicate robust market access strategies and plans, including clear articulation of the brands’ value story, and help to integrate them into the overall brand plans
- Identify gaps in current market access understanding and develop plans to gain direct payer insights through primary research, advisory boards, etc., and work with vendors to implement projects in a timely, impactful manor
- Develop strong value communication platform and messaging in order to support access targets and goals
- Lead pull through opportunities and execution of pull through strategy by brand, channel and geography based upon formulary position
- Provide pricing and reimbursement guidance around product forecast/financial model development
Professional Skills and Competencies:
- Oncology or Buy and Bill experience preferred
- Experience in payer/brand marketing
- Experience in working with Oncology GPOs
- Experience in working with Oncology Clinical Pathways
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability to lead cross functionally
- Deep understanding and experience the specialty space including pricing, distribution and payer dynamics unique to specialty products
- Demonstrated experience in launching new products
- Demonstrated experience in working in specialty pharmacy
- Deep understanding of both Medicare Part B and D, as well as Medicaid
- Experience identifying trends and insights assimilating into market/channel strategy
- Understanding of key payer value drivers and ability to develop and implement payer value propositions
- Deep understanding of quality metrics by disease state/channel and strategic implications for plan customers
- Understanding of HEOR / EBM drivers and ability to coordinate an evidence generation plan
- Working understanding of strategic pricing and commercial contracting strategy, process and rules
- Demonstrated ability to identify and develop business opportunities based upon the above
- Deep understanding of the cross functional interactions between Account Management and Field Sales to ensure successful implementation of pull through plan
- Demonstrated knowledge of HCR policy/regulatory evolution and the impact on payer customers and Sanofi
- Strong financial acumen, analytic skills & critical thinking ability
- Understanding of the legal/regulatory environment and internal Sanofi legal/regulatory guidelines and processes
- Ability to communicate at the executive level
Education: B.A. or B.S. Degree; Advanced Degree preferred.
- Minimum 8-10 years of business experience in the pharmaceutical healthcare sector
- 5-7 years in payer space (account management; payer marketing; contracting, etc…)
Travel: Approximately 20%
The successful candidate will be required to sign and execute a restricted covenant upon hire.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community