Scientist Deep Data Analytics
About the Company:
Sanofi is a global life sciences company committed to improving access to healthcare and supporting the people we serve throughout the continuum of care. From prevention to treatment, Sanofi transforms scientific innovation into healthcare solutions, in human vaccines, rare diseases, multiple sclerosis, oncology, immunology, infectious diseases, diabetes and cardiovascular solutions and consumer healthcare. More than 110,000 people in over 100 countries at Sanofi are dedicated to make a difference on patients’ daily life, wherever they live and enable them to enjoy a healthier life. As a company with a global vision of drug development and a highly-regarded corporate culture, Sanofi is recognized as one of the best pharmaceutical companies in the world and is pioneering the application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in the R&D organization including drug discovery, chemical manufacturing and control, translational research, clinical development, and document intelligence in regulatory affairs. Details of the organization and the company’s mission and goals can be found on our website (http://www.sanofi.us/l/us/en/index.jsp).
Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) algorithms can significantly speed up drug discovery and shorten the time-to-market for drug development thereby creating better medicines that save lives. AI and Deep Analytics (AIDA) is a critical group in Digital and Data Science (DDS) focused on
applications of AI/ML and Deep Learning (DL) in biologics drug discovery; image processing and computer vision (CV) for digital pathology, natural language processing (NLP) for sequence analysis, language modeling, and document intelligence; wearable devices for digital clinical trials; IoT for bioprocess manufacturing; and Bioinformatics.
In silico design of new therapeutics, through prediction of drug-like properties, novel drug combinations, drug repositioning and analysis of protein features and characteristics considerably increase efficiency and reduce manual work.
We are looking for a Sr. Data Scientist with a strong background in NLP and Deep Learning in our AI and Deep Analytics (AIDA) group at the Digital and Data Science (DDS) organization of Sanofi R&D. The candidate will directly report to the Global Head of AI and Deep Analytics at Sanofi R&D. The head of AIDA is an experienced Data Scientist with a Ph.D.and Master's degree from MIT in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science.
The responsibilities of the senior data scientist in AI and Deep Analytics will include:
- Applying AI/ML for modeling and embedding of biological sequences and classification, clustering, visualization, and prediction of properties of large datasets of sequences.
- Close interactions with data engineers, subject matter experts (SMEs), and business stakeholders
- Update and report relevant results to interdisciplinary project teams and stakeholders
- Maintain a keen awareness of developments in data and cloud infrastructures and state-of-the-art of AI/ML/DL algorithm and research results
- Evaluate and coordination of both academic and startup collaborations
Qualifications & Requirements:
- A Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or Physics with an emphasis on machine learning and deep learning
- 3+ years of industry experience with a strong record of accomplishments and project experience in applications of AI/ML
- Strong familiarity with Deep Learning, neural network architectures including CNNs, RNNs, Embeddings, Transfer Learning and Transformers, and Attention-based Networks.
- Basic familiarity with sequence alignment algorithms
- Proficient in Python, SQL, and NoSQL databases
- Familiarity with deep learning libraries such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch, and Caffe
- The ability to work with APIs and multi-GPU machines on the cloud
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
Sanofi Glassdoor: #GD-SA
Sanofi LinkedIn: #LI-SA
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community