Senior Medical Director Global Medical Affairs
From Research and Development to Sales and Marketing, Sanofi offers a wide range of possibilities. Discover our open positions and become a health journey partner.
Do you have what it takes for a successful career with Sanofi?
- Team player
Culture: Play to Win
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive coverage including medical, dental, vision, and health and wellness programs.
Sanofi wants to ensure employees are equipped for financial health, Sanofi provides a competitive 401K Match program and Financial Wel-Being Tools and Programs.
At Sanofi, we demonstrate our commitment to inclusion and diversity through Culture groups and programs. There are many ways to make a difference and connect with other Sanofi employees: including ERG groups and 2 PAID days off to Volunteer.
Sanofi provides significant Work/Life benefits to help you excel beyond the workday. Including Workplace Flexibility through part‑time, remote work, flex‑time and job share options.
"My family is everything to me. They are proud of the work I do, educating the community and ensuring that no Pompe patient is left behind."C. Richard Cioci Clinical Science Associate – Pompe Ontario East & Atlantic
"I am continually impressed at the dedication that Sanofi has to the patients for whom we provide solutions."Suncére Hernandez Area Business Manager, Multiple Sclerosis
"Patients are at the center of our work. Our teams focus on advancing transformational therapies, and expanding patient access to our medicines."Mouhamed Gueye US Head Medical, Rare Blood Disorders
The Senior Medical Director will lead the development and execution of the global medical strategy for ELOCTATE and ALPROLIX, products approved for treatment of Hemophilia A and B, respectively. As the in-house scientific expert, this individual will provide scientific and medical expertise in the areas of focus for the Global Medical Hemophilia team, working in close collaboration with colleagues in Commercial, Regulatory, Market Access, Clinical Development, Corporate Affairs, Patient Advocacy and other key cross functions.
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with a strategic and innovative style combined with a flexible, hands-on nature that works with a high sense of urgency.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide scientific and medical leadership for ELOCTATE and ALPROLIX, including development of strategic plans, identifying specific unmet medical needs, data gaps, and opportunities to engage with key stakeholders
- Lead the design and execution of the medical plan and tactics including Life Cycle Management and Real World Evidence generation plans
- Provide disease area expertise and in partnership with the affiliate medical teams, oversee the development of focused medical training and communication priorities for ELOCTATE and ALPROLIX
- Collaborate with affiliate medical leads to ensure affiliate activities are aligned with medical strategy and that internal stakeholders are sufficiently aware of affiliate insights and needs.
- Provide medical expertise to cross-functional teams. As a content expert, review abstracts, publications, medical information letters, and other medical or commercial documents for promotional or scientific use as needed
- Involvement with key HCPs in the exchange of scientific and medical information including Advisory Boards and presentations at national and international meetings
- Develop and maintain close professional relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (physicians, nurses, other treatment team members) and emerging scientific leaders in the community
- 7+ years of Pharmaceutical industry experience with relevant experience in Medical Affairs strongly desired
- Flexible and able to work on multiple projects with aggressive timelines. Must be hard-working, energetic and passionate about making a difference with the highest integrity; committed to ethics and scientific standards
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific and medical information to both internal and external stakeholders. Excellent written and oral communication skills are imperative
- Ability to work independently yet engage in collaborative decision making, to complete tasks in a timely fashion, and function in a rapid-paced environment
- Experience and demonstrated success with publications, training, statistical analysis, medical communications, and core medical affairs functions
- Ability to effectively operate in a highly matrixed organization
- Experience developing and executing medical strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills and project management skills
- Ability to take initiative and solve complex and challenging problems
- Experience with Hemophilia is strongly preferred
- This position will be based in Cambridge, MA and applicants must be willing to relocate.
- MD, PhD, or other advanced degree in the life sciences.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community