Senior Medical Director Global Medical Affairs- Cambridge/MA
Senior Director, Global Medical Affairs – Hemophilia Pipeline
The Senior Medical Director will serve as one of the main points in the Sanofi Genzyme Global Medical organization to provide strategic input/guidance into the development and execution of the medical strategy for Hemophilia Products. As the in-house scientific expert, this individual will provide scientific and medical expertise in the areas of focus for the company and will work in close collaboration with cross functional colleagues in Regulatory, Market Access, Clinical Development, Commercial, Corporate Affairs, Patient Advocacy and other key cross functions.
The ideal candidate will be a strong leader with a strategic and innovative style combined with a flexible, hands-on nature that works with a high sense of urgency.
A summary of the responsibilities include:
- Provide scientific and medical leadership for hemophilia, including development of strategic plans, calling out specific unmet medical needs, key data gaps for the products and opportunities to engage with key stakeholders. As the in-house subject matter expert, provide guidance on the overall product positioning to enable the right use of products for the right patient
- Leading the design and execution of the hemophilia product medical plan and tactics including life cycle management and real world evidence generation plans in collaboration with the Medical Research group
- Provide disease area expertise and in partnership with the Affiliate Medical teams, oversee the development of focused medical training and communication priorities for hemophilia products
- Collaborate with Regional and/or Affiliate Medical to ensure regional activities are aligned with medical strategy and that key internal stakeholders are sufficiently aware of affiliate and regional insights and needs
- Provide medical expertise to cross-functional teams. As a content expert, review abstracts, publications, medical information letters, and other medical or commercial documents for promotional or scientific use as needed
- Involvement with key HCPs in the exchange of scientific and medical information including Advisory Boards and presentations at national and international meetings
- Develop and maintain close professional relationships with Key Thought Leaders (physicians, nurses, other treatment team members) and emerging scientific leaders in the community
- 5+ years of Pharmaceutical industry experience with relevant experience in Medical Affairs strongly desired
- Flexible and able to work on multiple projects with aggressive timelines. Must be hard-working, energetic and passionate about making a difference with the highest integrity; committed to ethics and scientific standards
- Ability to understand and effectively communicate scientific and medical information to both internal and external stakeholders. Excellent written and oral communication skills are imperative
- Ability to work independently yet engage in collaborative decision making, to complete tasks in a timely fashion, and function in a rapid-paced environment
- Experience and demonstrated success with publications, training, statistical analysis, medical communications, and core medical affairs functions
- Strong background in ethical evaluation of clinical research projects, and proven ability to conduct medical and scientific analysis and decision-making
- Ability to effectively operate in a highly matrixed organization
- Experience developing and executing medical strategies
- Strong interpersonal skills and project management skills
- Ability to take initiative and solve complex and challenging problems
- Experience with Hemophilia is preferred
- This position will be based in Cambridge, MA and applicants must be willing to relocate.
- MD, PhD, or other advanced degree in the life sciences.
Sanofi Inc. and its U.S. affiliates are Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; nationality; marital, domestic partnership or civil union status; sex, gender, gender identity or expression; affectional or sexual orientation; disability; veteran or military status or liability for military status; domestic violence victim status; atypical cellular or blood trait; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other characteristic protected by law.
At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.
Join Our Talent Community